Amusement Park

Rantaro POV

"Stop crying Shuichi the rollercoaster wasn't that bad." Kokichi teased Shuichi.

"Maybe magic will make him feel better." Yumeno said bopping Shuichi in the head with a stick.

"Shut it loli." Kokichi said. "Only I can tease Shumai."

I held Kaede,who was shaking in my lap as we sat a bench. She was shaken up because she nearly died on the piano ride. I watched Himiko and Kokichi tag team to bully Shuichi. Yuri seemed to absolutely live for her boyfriends insults and drank a slurpy. She'd usually join in but today she seemed fine just watching.

"Yo guys we're back. You better not have bullied Shuichi when we were gone Kokichi." Kaito came over holding a giant teddy bear. Maki had some blood on her dress. I looked over and saw a frightened amusement park worker watch us from the distance. Mr.Monokuma was also over there seeming to be pissed off.

"Nyeh, so will the next ride will be the magical flying boxes?" Yumeno suggested pointing at the Ferris wheel.

"It's called a Ferris wheel Himiko." Yuri said seeming annoyed. I began to notice Yuri only ever got along with Kaede. All the other girls seemed to annoy her.

"Yeah sounds fun!" Kaede smiled sweetly.

"I'm good on the ground." Kaito said hugging his teddy bear close. Maki glared at him

"Do you wanna di..."

"Why don't you go with me and Shuichi, Maki?" Himiko asked.

"Hmm sure."Maki shrugged and the three of them went over to the Ferris wheel. Kaede stood up excited and smiled at me.

"Let's get going then."

The two of us looked out the window of the cart staring down at the ground. We got a lovely view of Kaito and his teddy bear, a fighting couple, a guy in a riding a motorcycle in a ball, and some kid puking.

"Hey do you regret not hanging alone together at your home?" I asked looking at Kaede.

"Not at all. Everyone is having fun and we're all creating beautiful memories together." She smiled purely. "It's better for everyone to be together than to leave people out. I don't want anyone to feel alone."

"You're too kindhearted." I smiled at Kaede. "I love the fact that you always think of others."

"And I love yo-...,your hair... I love your hair." Kaede whispered blushing. I softly kissed her wanting to treasure this moment.

Kokichi POV

Yuri gets angry when she doesn't get what she wants. That's what I've noticed about her. She'll pout, throw things, or insult me whenever I deny her. Like right now.

"I'm not in the mood for that right now." I turned my head away from Yuri.

"What the fuck?" She asked as she turned my head towards her aggressive. Her nails dug into my chin. "What is wrong with you. We haven't done anything in a while and you're always somewhere else. It's as if I'm not good enough for you." She said with tears and anger in her eyes. It was hard to rebel against her when she was like this.

"I'm just not in the mood..." I whispered.

"FINE WHATEVER." She glared letting go of me and looking away. "I could be fucking any other guy in this damm city. But I'm stuck with you."It was an awkward ride. I watched as she tried her best to compose herself. For me it was an on and off switch. Lies came easily. Yuri needed time to get to a point where she could fake happiness.

So by the time the ride ended and we were with our friends both of us seemed "normal". I walked over to Rantaro who was in a conversation with Shuichi about virtual reality games and how toilet paper could be used to kill.

"Hey Rantaro it's time for the boys to have a private ride." I smiled arrogantly hoping he wouldn't decline the ride.

"Sure Kokichi." Rantaro sighed and patted me on the head. It felt nice when he did that. Once we were in the cart I noticed Rantaro was beaming.

"Anything happen with you and Kaede?" I asked.

"We kissed for a second time!" Rantaro cheered cutely.

"I'm glad things are going good for you!" I lied. "Maybe we should practice a bit more before you too do more." I said making my way over to Rantaro and sitting in his lap. He kissed me without hesitation and gave me the warmth I needed. I slightly shook as we kissed still shaken up over Yuri's anger.

"Something is wrong Kokichi. Are you sure you're fine?" Rantaro asked seeing right through me.

"Nope I'm perfectly fine." I fake smiled. "And even if something was wrong I can handle it on my own... just trust me ok." I said looking into his eyes trying to be calm.

"I'll leave it be for now. But we're best friends.. you know I'll always listen to you." He said putting his nose against mine.

"I'll open up to you someday. I promise. After all. We are best friends." Though sometimes I wondered if we could be more.