Failed Promises

Rantaro POV

I woke up on Kokichi's couch tired from the night before. He was completely passed out. I checked my phone and it was around 10:30. I got up went back to my apartment. I told my parents I was sleeping over at Kokichi's and naturally they believed me. I took a shower and got dressed up in a suit and tie. Today's date with Kaede would go great. At least that's what I thought until I heard screaming from Kokichi's apartment.

Kaede POV

I knew 11 was too early to wait for Rantaro but I absolutely love the park. I found myself a nice bench to sit at and began to listen to my Spotify as I watched my surroundings.

Rantaro POV

Kokichi's door was wide open as I dashed to his apartment.

"I'm going to murder you!" Yuri said throwing a plate on the ground. "I texted you a million times and you didn't answer."

"What the hell is wrong with you? I said my phone went dead." Kokichi asked looking at bit freaked out. He looked back at me and looked even more miserable.

This was going to be a painful experience.

Kaede POV

It's exactly 11:30 and Rantaro hasn't shown up. But that's ok! I can wait a couple more minutes. He's probably running late.

Rantaro POV

"You need to control that temper of yours." I screamed at Yuri. Kokichi had been watching us fight for the last couple of minutes.

"And you need to mind your own business." Yuri's hands were on her hips as she glared at me. "I'm getting really sick of your bullshit."

"All I want to do is make sure you don't hurt anyone or yourself."

"Oh pleeeeeease you're only here because you're obsessed with Kokichi just admit that you li-."

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MESS." My mother said standing in Kokichi's apartment. Her eyes were full of fury. From behind her my twin sister Hana was staring into the room scared. "This apartment is messy. All three of you are cleaning and no one is leaving until I say so." None of us could object. It was hard getting in the way of a pissed off mom.

Kaede POV

"I'm here!" A males voice said. I turned excited and saw a girl hug her boyfriend. I frowned sadly. It's 1:00, I've been waiting for Rantaro for hours. I sighed and stood up. My heart felt like it broke into a thousand pieces. I left the park feeling heartbroken.

Rantaro POV

"Kaede I'm sorry I didn't come today but things were hectic."

"I don't want to hear you excuses." Kaede said in a sad voice. I could tell she was absolutely crushed and I hated how I made her feel. "It feels like your heart isn't in our relationship. Plus you're super secretive.I think we should break up. This relationship isn't working for me." Kaede hung up leaving me speechless. I really fucked up. I stood on my balcony staring up at the starry sky. I heard coughing and turned towards Kokichi who was watching me from his balcony.

"I take it the call didn't go well?" He asked looking at me guiltily. "I'm sorry about today."

"It isn't your fault." I responded. "I was just concerned about Yuri and you. Is everything patched up."

"Yeah we're great." Kokichi grinned. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not.

"It's great. Seeing how much you and Yuri like each other. It makes me wonder if I really do like Kaede or if I'm telling myself I do. I don't know. She's sweet and pretty but I went behind her back and hurt her. Maybe I didn't deserve to date her." I frowned to myself.

"At the end of the day you should go with your heart. Being with the person you truly love can be difficult. But I believe there's one person for everyone. Someone they love more than anyone else. And when you find someone who completely loves you back,you shouldn't give up on them and go for it." Kokichi climbed up the wall of his balcony and looked down at me.Kokichi smiled as he hopped from his balcony to mine. "Love makes you do crazy things and I want you to feel it. Because you really matter to me."

"Kokichi that was dangerous." I said looking at him with shock.

"It's ok. I really wanted to comfort you." Kokichi said smiling at me. He stood on his toes and softly kissed me. It felt as though sparks flew as I kissed him back. Kokichi is lucky. I understand now how passionate he is about Yuri. Despite the fact they fight he seems super in love with her and I'm happy for them. I wonder... if I will ever feel that way about someone.

Kokichi and I stayed up talking in my room. At some point I felt myself pass out as he sat by my side.