Exposed

Rantaro POV

After that night Kokichi would do anything to ignore the topic of what happened. He completely stopped hanging out alone with me and was constantly avoiding me. I noticed Kaede was also distancing herself from me. Even though we studied with me Shuichi would often join us.

One night after Kaede and I said goodbye at the usual spot Shuichi insisted he'd walk with me.

"Hey I know we're not friends and I definitely don't like you but let me give you some advice." Shuichi said as we walked together.

"Everyone is pretty stressed out right now. Kaede is constantly worrying about what you're doing and Yuri and Kokichi have some important stuff to deal with." Shuichi continued.

"Like what?" I asked.

"That I can't tell you. But I want you to admit to Kaede that you're gay. She needs to move on."

"So you basically want me to out myself for your benefit." I frowned.

"Then why don't I tell her?" Shuichi asked me.I wanted to slap him right then and there but I didn't answer.

"Just consider it Rantaro. I don't want things to be worse for everyone."

At school I was struggling because of my feelings. Kaito and Gonta were pretty understandable but they didn't really relate to my problems. Kaede would always try to comfort me but I never would tell her what was actually happening. Plus Shuichi would shoot daggers at me.

One day Kokichi and I finally began talking to each other again. It was before school as I was walking in the courtyard. "I need to tell you something." Kokichi said looking kind of pale.

"Oh now you want to talk to me?" I asked frowning.

"Sorry things have been hectic." He said before whispering in my ear. "Yuri is pregnant." Time froze for me. I never thought of the possibility of Yuri getting pregnant. Plus I hated thinking about the fact that Kokichi also had sex with girls.

"I'm going to be a dad yay." Kokichi smiled. I could see the misery behind it though.

"So I'm guessing the fact we slept together doesn't matter to you?" I asked angrily.

"Well I mean we're best friends and it was for prac.."

"It wasn't and you know it." I whispered yelled. "You know there was more than that."

"But we're both guys. I was just helping you."

"Did you ever have feelings for me?" I asked trying to fight off my anger.

"Nope." Kokichi smiled and walked away. Angry tears filled my eyes as I turned around and began to run. I heard footsteps behind me and hoped it was Kokichi. Kaede stood in front of me and wiped my tears.

"What's wrong?" She asked looking concerned. Her sweet face wore a worried frown.

"This must've been how you felt. When I betrayed you. I'm so sorry Kaede." I said pulling her into a hug. She hugged me back wrapping her arms around me. She was like a warm pillow. Always so comforting and supportive. She was like another sister to me.

"I know we broke up but I can't stand to see you like this." Kaede whispered. I broke away from the hug and took a step back. "I know that you don't love me as much as this mystery person... but I'll take care of you. I wouldn't make you feel the way you do. So please give me another chance." I didn't deserve a second chance. I wasn't even sure I wanted one.

"I can't think clearly right now. I'm sorry but I'm going to go and probably skip school today. But I appreciate you helping me." I wiped my tears and tried to smile. Kaede nodded and watched me leave.