The Friend Zone

Rantaro POV

All of us ended up hanging out in the main suite room. We were doing karaoke and Himiko and Kokichi were singing Call Me Maybe while everyone but me and Shuichi danced along. We stood in the back of the room together quietly.

"Anything to say to me?" I asked the detective. It was obvious by now that he hated me.

"I think you should stop leading Kaede on and give up on Kokichi." He bluntly stated. "Yuri is a good person despite her attitude and I hate seeing her hurt. And we both hate seeing Kaede being deceived."

"I don't know how to handle my feelings you know. I really care about both Kaede and Kokichi. And it shouldn't be your business. Don't hate me because I'm sexy. Maybe if you would've stopped wearing that emo hat earlier you'd get some bitches on your dick. Better yet Kaede would probably notice your advances on her." I began to walk away. "Instead of liking me." I turned towards him and flipped him off. "Emoooooo."

"WHAT?"

Me and Kokichi were alone in our room.Gonta was surprising eager to leave the room to search for bugs alone. Maybe it was because of him finding out my feelings for Kokichi or he wanted to check out some bugs. Either way the two of us were alone.

"Today was a fun day." Kokichi smiled as we sat next to each other on our sleeping mattresses. "Though Gonta is probably going to ruin it by bringing bugs back. Wish he would realize that it makes him seem weird. He won't make friends at college."

"Gonta isn't weird. He's just passionate about his talent. Plus he'll have Angie with him. She'll help him out."

"Hmm true. But she's a bit awkward too."

"That's why she gets along with literally everyone." I said sacarsticslly. "So why aren't you with Yuri."

"It's fun being alone with you." Kokichi smiled at me. I tried to hide my blushing face and looked away. Then I remembered Yuri told me Kokichi wanted to move away from me. I didn't know what to believe. He grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes with an innocent adorable smile I haven't seen him wear in years. "You're my best friend. I know it seems like I'm getting along with the others, but you've been with me for so long. I'm glad that I'm lucky enough to be your best friend." We fell asleep holding hands. I woke up a couple hours later and smiled his adorable sleeping figure. I shook his hand off of me even though he was gripping it in his sleep. I out of the suite and ended up going outside.

I found Kaede looking out at the lake alone. She seemed to be focused on something. I walked over to her and she slightly jumped.

"Sorry that I scared you." I smiled awkwardly and looked at the direction she was staring. Gonta and Angie were huddled on the ground looking for something. Most likely bugs. "Woah they actually look really good together." I whispered.

" I whispered