38 -I was hers and she was mine

Can

I couldn't stop touching her, kissing her, and holding her tightly in my arms.
I inhaled her scent, our scent, from the crook of her neck and I finally felt at home.

I was hers and she was mine.

That's how it should have been from the beginning and that's how it would be for the rest of our days.

I turned her towards the house hugging her from behind and said.

- I'm going to start the restoration work as soon as possible, I can't wait to come and live here with my family, it all seems like a dream from which I'm afraid to wake up at any moment.
Kiss me Sanem, hold me tight, tell me that you will always be mine.

She turned around, caressed my cheek gently and whispered in my ear.

- It's all true, it's us, we're together.
Fate gave us another chance, it was destiny that we met in the dark of that tunnel and it was destiny that you found me on that dock after a year.
We are destined to be together -

She hugged me tightly resting her cheek on my chest, my heart was beating wildly with the joy and disbelief of having her in my arms again.
She would stay there forever, where she belonged.

Sanem

I had found my place in the way again, that was exactly where I wanted to be, clutched in the wings of my albatross.
To feel the strong beat of her heart under my cheek was, for me, to have come home.

I still couldn't believe it had happened, I had no hope of ever seeing him again after all that time, I didn't believe it was possible to dream of a life together again.

He loosened his embrace to take the phone out of his pocket, fumbled with it for a few moments and said to me:
- This song is for you, listen carefully to the words, each of them is a promise from me to you, I promise you all this and so much more -

He started the music and took me in his arms dancing with me.

There was no need for words.

I was his and he was mine.