45 - Finally us

Sanem

It was a dream evening, everything had been taken care of in the smallest detail, the garden of my cottage had been transformed into an enchanted place, all the people dearest to us in this life were around us and I was finally in the arms of my albatross in love.
There was no doubt that he was, he could not stop caressing my back, playing with my hair, taking my hands and bringing them to his lips to kiss them, I felt his love shining through every look, every gesture, every single caress touched.

At the end of the evening, before leaving, came the traditional moment of the bouquet toss and chance would have it that, with a nice semi-circle in the air, the small bouquet of flowers went straight into the hands of a Mihriban with shining eyes and cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

We said goodbye to everyone and moved towards the cottage ready to leave the party, I kept walking towards the lane that led to the gate when Can's hand began to drag me in the opposite direction, towards Yusuf's dock saying smiling:

-It's trivial to get in the car, we'll still enjoy the magic of this wonderful night, all our own, unfurling the sails together towards our future, come -

So he guided me towards his boat that, for the occasion, had also been decorated with many bright threads.

We took off in a short time, Can placed me in his arms while he skillfully maneuvered the rudder without stopping to leave long trails of kisses on my bare shoulders, on my neck, behind my ears.
I felt ecstatic, the golden lights with which Can had illuminated the boat merged with the thousands of lights of an Istanbul that finally witnessed our love, our forever. It all seemed like a wonderful dream, it seemed even more so when we arrived at the bridge over the Bosphorus, which I had never seen at night while sailing on the canal, I was so dazzled that Can decided to stop the boat for a while to allow me to fully enjoy the view.
He embraced me from behind, enclosing me with his big arms and we stayed like that, basking in our happiness.

Can

I hugged her tightly, I gave her a kiss in the hollow of her neck where I could best inhale our scent then I said to her
- Are you ready to sail into our future? - She turned around, put her hand on my cheek nodding and giving me a wonderful kiss of love.
We resumed sailing to dock a few miles ahead, she looked at me questioningly, smiling I took her hand and helped her down.
Together we climbed the stone stairs that we had learned to know and here we were again, where it all began with my declaration of love and where everything would continue for years to come, in the house of my childhood and our future.
My father, as a wedding gift, had hired a company specializing in restoration and in a few days miracles had been performed, the garden had been completely redone and now, in the dark of night, many colored lights cleverly installed among the most luxuriant bushes and the most beautiful trees, had transformed it into an enchanted place.
I saw Sanem open-mouthed, I took her by the hand leading her up the stairs, I opened the door and took my wife in my arms to cross the threshold of our home together, of our love nest, the place where we would live our forever.
Sanem was taken aback and made an exclamation of surprise, wrapping her arms around my neck, I couldn't ask for anything better, I climbed the stairs with her head resting gently in the crook of my neck.
Once at the top I stopped in front of a door and said - This will be our room - I opened it slowly.