48 - Each of your dreams

Can

We were living the first days after our wedding like in a dream, we were happy, slowly we were finding our balance in living our daily life together, while the nights were a space out of time, all for us, where our souls were joining in a new intimacy, extremely deep, more conscious.

Sanem had finished writing his second book in those days and I had made arrangements and contacts to proceed with my plans for the immediate future.

I had involved Layla and Mihriban to make the final arrangements and... the day finally arrived.

We had spent the night in the new house because we wanted to finish painting Nihat's room as Sanem had imagined it: the blue ceiling with the reproduction of some constellations, including Orion of course, which became phosphorescent when the light was turned off. On the walls instead we had drawn my boat in the middle of the sea surrounded by various species of birds including the albatross. Sanem's passion for birds had been enriched by the elements that had characterized our story.

We woke up early and, after a hearty breakfast, I told Sanem that I had to leave for a quick errand but asked her to be ready within the hour to go for a walk together.
I returned shortly after, Sanem was excited to find out what I was up to once again.

Her gaze turned questioning as she saw us leaving Istanbul behind and turning onto the highway exit to the airport.
I took her hand smiling -Now you will see my love-

We parked, and while she went to pick up little Nihat I unloaded our suitcases from the truck, Sanem looked at me surprised - What .... -

I smiled hugging her tightly - Did I or did I not promise you that I would spend my whole life with the sole purpose of making you happy? Where was the beautiful girl I fell in love with dreaming of going? Do you remember on the pier in Agva when you told me about your dreams?
The first one, being the wonderful, strong-willed woman you are, you made it happen on your own, you wrote your book and it became an international bestseller.
Now let's go, I want to make your every dream come true -

Sanem remained motionless with little Nihat in her arms, looking at me incredulously.

- The Galapagos? Let's go to the Galapagos? -

I smiled printing a kiss on her lips.
- Eveet!!! Your every wish is an order for me. A month is waiting for us in the place of your dreams, in the Galapagos, where we can admire together the majestic albatrosses flying free, did I or did I not tell you that I would travel to new corners of this wonderful world only if you were by my side? Come on, your dreams are waiting for us!

Sanem

I couldn't believe what was happening, I couldn't believe that we were going to land in the Galapagos.
How could this man manage to make me love him more and more? Once we landed, a cab took us along the coast, past breathtaking views of crystal clear sea and tiny islands on the horizon. I was ecstatic, since Can had re-entered my life I constantly felt like I was living in a daydream.
We stopped in front of an iron gate surrounded by spectacular vegetation, I couldn't wait to see our accommodation.

Once downstairs Can left the suitcases near the gate, took a scarf from his pocket and smiling he told me
- Once again I found myself blindfolded, he took little Nihat and with an arm on my shoulders he guided me along a path, we climbed some steps, I heard a door open, we entered the house, crossed a room and then... then I felt that we were outside, I could feel the warmth of the sun on my skin and the sea breeze on my face - Ready? -  Finally he took off my blindfold.

How many times had I been speechless since my albatross had returned? Once again I couldn't believe my eyes.

We were in heaven...

A few months earlier, if someone had told me that one day I would find myself in an enchanted place like this, with my husband, with the albatross by my side and our son in my arms, I would surely have taken him for a fool.

Never, not even in the wildest dreams of the dreamy little girl I was, could I have ever imagined one day being in such a place with the people I loved most in the world.