Chapter 1: New York City

Journal 1: 01/01/2013
I'm not a person looking to fall in love. Love is a strong word. I don't get how people say that word so easily. I don't even know who I'm attracted to. Am I into boys? Into girls? Both? It's something I still need to figure out. Anyway, it's New Year's and I'm starting a journal to reflect on my life choices. Hopefully, I won't stop writing.

I got invited to a party in New York City. Seems interesting but I'm debating ongoing.

3 hours later

I decided to go to the party. I'm wearing a black,  luxurious jumpsuit. I curled my hair a bit and I was wearing the necklace my mother gave me before she passed away a few years ago.

- "Around the World" by Daft Punk start playing -

I walked in and it looked like one hell of a party, whoever invited me knew how to throw a party. I looked around trying to seek the host but had no clue.
I went to the bar station and ordered a martini. A guy sat next to me. Pretty buff and cute.

Nope, let me rephrase that. Hot.

"Are you new here?"

"Depends who's asking"

"I'm Steve, Steve Rogers. Nice to meet you" he brought out his right hand.

"Y/n, and a pleasure Mr. Rogers" I shook his hand.

"Please. Call me Steve" he smirked and I smiled back at him.

"So what brings you here, y/n"

"Um, not sure, I got an invitation and somehow made my way over here a few hours ago"

"Well, let's make the most of it. Wanna dance?"

"Sure." He took me by the hand and we made our way to the dance floor. As we started to dance, another guy walked over to Steve tapping on his shoulder.

"Steve, may I have a moment with Miss y/n"

"Well, I don't have a choice do I"

"Nope," Steve walked away as this other guy led me back to the bar.

"You must be the one who invited me since you knew my name"

"Yes, a pleasure to meet you. Oh right. I'm so used to everyone knowing who I am. Tony Stark."

"Right. Nice to meet you, Mr. Stark"

"So you might be wondering why I invited you here."

"Yes. I sure am"

"Well, I wanted you to join The Avengers."

"The Avengers?"

"Correct. We are forming a team of superheroes and your name came up on the list."

"Why? I'm not a superhero."

"You're not? Well, you should be." I looked at him confused.

"I have information on your mother being a witch and your father a speed god."

"Yes, you're right about my mother, but I have no clue who my father is. If you're saying he was a speed god then maybe that's the reason he left so fast"

"Good one." Tony chuckled.

"Anyway, I was thinking we can run tests on you. Just to make sure you received some of those powers."

"Sure, I guess. When do we start."

"Right. I'm going to need you to stay a couple of days, maybe weeks."

"Alright, sounds good." I smiled at him as he stood up, but I stayed to order a drink.

As I drank my shot I saw Tony come back.

"I forgot to show you your room"

"My room?" My eyes widened.

"Yup, come with me."

I followed Tony to the room and admired it before falling asleep on the biggest bed I've had.