Chapter 6: Sorry

05/22/2013

A week later and I'm still having trouble controlling these teleportation powers. Everyone tries to help the best they can and I appreciate that, but I hate the attention and pity. I'm getting better at it. I don't suddenly appear in the middle of Tokyo and get weird looks anymore. Natasha hasn't spoken to me since I yelled at her. She was trying to help and I pushed her away. Idiot.

———
It was an early morning and I was on my way to the kitchen to grab a snack before going out for a run. Natasha was sitting on a stool next to the kitchen island eating a bowl of cereal. I hesitated to walk in but I had to confront her one way or another.

"Hey."

Natasha didn't look up and just kept eating her cereal.

"Look, I'm sorry for last week. It was rude of me to let my anger out on you." I stood next to the island opposite side of Natasha.

"You don't have to apologize." She didn't look at me.

"But I am. I don't want to ruin our friendship while I'm a part of the team." I looked at her and then back down not being able to catch a gaze.

"Who said you were my friend and a part of the team?" Natasha scoffed and finally looked at me.

I couldn't find anything to say and I tried to keep eye contact but her green eyes were to strong for mine.

"I-I guess I just assumed..."

"Well don't assume. You can't even control your powers." She cut me off as she stood up bringing her dishes to the sink.

My back was facing Natasha's back as she was washing her dishes. I couldn't move. It kind of hurt hearing that, even if it was the truth. It got me thinking if I was any of their friends?

I got this urge to punch something again but I tried to hold it in clenching my jaw. I heard Natasha finish and I turned around grabbing her wrist.

"I'll show you I have control." I looked in her green eyes.

I started to think of a place to teleport before she could slip away. I felt like teleporting to Santorini, Greece. Something to relax our minds. I closed my eyes and felt Natasha's hand.

I heard the sound of small waves and felt the breeze flow through my hair. I could still feel a hand and I opened my eyes to see Natasha still having her eyes closed. She carefully opened them and looked at me. For a moment, we were having the most intense eye contact, not breaking it, still holding hands. Then I felt a hard slap across my cheek.

"What the hell!" She let go.

"Ow!"

"That's for touching me without permission and for kidnapping me." She was walking away as I followed.

I chuckled. "I'm not kidnapping you."

"Sure looks like. Where are we, y/n?" She stopped to wait for an answer.

"Uh. We're in Greece." I say with a slight smile.

Natasha started to relax and admire the view. "It's beautiful." She said under her breath.