Chapter 27: Party

02/20/15

It's been a year since I discovered my new powers. Invisibility. At first, it was hard to get used to, I would glitch and not know when to turn, but I eventually found the small triggers. Nat was a big part of that journey too. You know at first, I didn't believe in love or that love was too good to be true, but she was my love. My soulmate. The first time we said 'I love you' to each other, it felt unreal. But she was in front of me, telling me how much she loved me. Anyway, enough of that. Tony is throwing a party today and I need to go shopping.

--- --- ---

It was getting late so I made my way out to the garage. I get to the black Corvette. "Where are you going?" Nat questioned standing by the door. "I need clothes for the party tonight." I glance as I open the driver's door. "Okay," she approached me, "Be back on time," she continued as she gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Will do."

--- --- ---

I got back from the store and used the long way around so no one could see me coming. I went into the room but Nat wasn't there. I could've used my invisibility power to get past the guests. I got into a quick shower and changed into the outfit. Then, I did my hair into light curls with some light makeup.

I put on some jewelry and put on Nat's fav perfume

I put on some jewelry and put on Nat's fav perfume. Once I got ready, I made my way down the stairs. I caught a few glances here and there but I didn't think much of it. However, I caught Nat's eyes across the room. I gave her a quick smirk as I passed by because she was talking to Banner.

I see Maria and went to talk to her instead. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation. "Hey Maria," I go in for a hug. "Wow. y/n! You look good!" She looked at me, top to bottom. "Thank you, but look at you, stunning like always," we both laugh. "So, how have you been," Maria said as she sipped on her drink. "I've been great since the last time we saw each other, it's been a long time," I chuckled. "Yes it has, how are things with Romanoff over there," she asked curiously. "Oh yeah, things are great with her..." I lost my thought as I gazed at her with a smile.

Maria noticed and interrupted. "You want a drink." I snapped out of it, "Uh yeah sure."

"So why is she over there with Bruce," Maria said as she handed me a drink. "What can I say, she's a flirt," I said quietly. We talked a little more until Nat came over. "Hey, babe," she said as she grabbed the drink from my hand and took a sip. Maria was there for a little while longer, but eventually left. "Really? 'babe'" I asked curiously. Nat looked at me confused. "You never call me that." I scoffed. "Someone was jealous," I teased. "I wasn't," she rolled her eyes. "It's just, she might have mentioned having a crush on you when you first came and then she looked at you when you first walked in while wearing this," her eyes looked at me seductively. "You like? I made sure it matched your eyes" I showed off my suit. "Oh, but you look beautiful, like always," I gave a smirk, trying to change the topic. "Yeah, well, you should wear suits more often," she pulled me into a kiss, "Is that my fav perfume?" She muttered as I smirked in between the kiss.

We had a few more drinks and once all the other guests were gone, the rest of the team gathered around trying to lift Thor's hammer. Nat was resting against my shoulder playing with my necklace as I played with her hair. We laughed as every avenger failed to lift Mjolnir. "Give it up Clint, looks like you're not worthy," I mocked him. "Be my guest, y/n," he signaled to the hammer on the table. "Oh no, that's not a question she needs answered," Nat cut in. "That's what I thought," Clint gave a cocky smirk. I turned to Nat, "He's not getting away with that," Nat shook her head with a grin.

I stood up and made my way to the hammer about to use my force, when suddenly- there was a high-pitched noise. "Worthy," we all turned towards the voice, "No. How could you be worthy?" an almost destroyed robot walked out, "You're all killers," he spoke with evil in his voice. The robot kept talking but then I saw Maria take out her gun. This made me react and prepare my mindset.

Several robots flied in destroying things in their way. I closed my eyes for a sec. Invisibility engaged. Once I opened them, I immediately looked for Nat. Lucky for me, I had taught her a technique to call for me without actually calling for me. It's a complex thing to understand. I felt the way to her and eventually found her, next to Bruce. I ran next to her and placed my hand on her shoulder and she immediately knew who it was. It was just a sign to let her know I was okay.

I made my own way across the room to fight off a robot. Using some combat skills Nat taught me, even if I didn't need much training since I was one of Hydra's soldiers by Bucky's side. Once we defeated the other robots, the only one left was Ultron. Invisibility disengaged. Thor, suddenly, threw his hammer at him and he was 'defeated.'

We made ourselves to the lab and talked about the incident that had just happened. I stood next to Nat as she contributed to the discussion. "Gosh, you're so smart," I whispered in her ear. She turned her head to look at me, "Focus," she tried to hide her smile. She says she doesn't like it when I give her compliments but I know she loves them, which is why I make sure I compliment her everyday.