Chapter 2: The Russian Spy

Journal 2:
01/02/2013
It felt weird coming to New York and becoming a "superhero." I didn't even know my father was a speed god. Imagine me having powers? Anyway, I had to do tests today and meet everyone on the team. I'm looking forward to it but I'm also nervous to see the powers I hold. Wish me luck.
———
I got startled by a voice telling me Mr. Stark wanted me in his lab. I got up, still confused. I walked down the hallway but didn't know where the lab was so I was just wandering around. All of a sudden I feel someone attack me. Of course, my fights senses came out and I started fighting back.

"Who are you."

I hear, still not having a clear picture of the body attacking me, I got to say it did sound like a woman.

"Why are you attacking me?!" I loudly ask her.

"You're trespassing."

"Trespassing?! Mr. Stark told me to stay." I say barely catching my breath.
It felt as if she was starting to let go. All of a sudden I see Steve come running from the corner.

"Natasha! Stop!" He yells across the hallway.
She let's go of me as I fall down to the ground.

"Ow."

"Who is she?" She asks Steve.

"This is Y/n. She's here for some tests."

"Y/n meet Natasha Romanoff. Romanoff meet y/n." Steve says with a smile.

"A way to meet huh. You came out of nowhere. Nice to meet you " I tell her.

"Well they don't call me a Russian Spy and Assassin for nothing." She looks at me still confused.

I stand up, not knowing what to do or where to go. As Natasha walks back to her room.

"Where's Mr. Stark's lab?" I look at Steve.

"I'll take you to him." He says with a smile still trying to hold in a laughter.

"What?" I ask confused walking with him down the hallway.

"Hell of a morning huh"

"She came out of nowhere!" I laugh with him.

"She could've killed me, that Russian Spy" I said worriedly.

"Yeah she could have."

We look at each other and start laughing as we enter Mr. Stark's Lab.

"You're late, y/n." He says in a serious tone.

"Let's just say I encountered a problem on my way here."

"What kind of problem?"

"Romanoff caught her off guard." Steve tells him with a smile.

"Well I see you've met Romanoff." Stark also smiles.

"Yeah, maybe it should be best if I meet the rest of the team before someone else thinks I'm a trespasser."

"Yeah sure I'll call them down right now. Jarvis, call the team down here to meet our new recruit."
———
The rest of the Avengers came down to the lab to meet me.

"Hi, I'm y/n. Nice to meet you all." I say nervously.

Everyone comes up to me telling me their names and superhero names. I zone off thinking about the superhero name I would get. As I zone back in, I see the Russian Spy smirk at me. I smirk back, knowing our earlier encounter. Steve comes up to me.

"Hey, um, we need to go back to the tests now."
I lose Natasha in the crowd and go back in to finish the tests.