Chapter 19: Winter Soldier

Y/n was finally been told what was going on. She was excited but nervous on her first "real" mission. "Okay, so what do I do?" Y/n wanted to be a part of this. "Here. Take this." Sam handed her a gun with a laser. "What- what's this for?" Y/n slowly grabbed the gun. "You're going to go up that building and aim at the guy I describe to you." He said as he also handed her an earpiece. "What will you guys be doing?" She asked glancing at Steve and Natasha who were fixing their earpieces.

"Don't worry about us. We'll be communicating. Just don't do anything stupid." They started walking around the building, Natasha and Steve made their way to the building across, Sam walked to a bench and y/n entered the building Sam had signaled to from the back.

"Every ones in position?" Steve asked through the comms. Everyone approved and they remained in their positions. Y/n was in her position in front of a window and could see Sam through a distance.

"Okay, he's out. Natasha start your hijacking, and y/n it's Jasper Sitwell, the bald guy." Sam muttered. "Got it." Y/n confirmed.

"Y/n on my signal." Sam ordered as he started calling the guy. "Because that tie looks really expensive." Y/n assumed that was her signal and aimed the gun with the laser to the guys tie.

Sitwell followed the orders Sam gave him and y/n had a good view of what was happening. Sam drove him around the building and Steve pulled him out. They made their way up the roof and y/n could see Natasha's bright red hair. Steve confronted Sitwell at the edge of the building and y/n was interested on what would happen next. Suddenly, Steve stepped to the side and Natasha kicked Sitwell off the edge of the building. "Oh shit." Y/n didn't expect that.

Steve and Natasha were casually talking, then y/n saw some sort of wings bring Sitwell up the building. "Sam?" Y/n noticed Sam was flying with his metal wings. She saw them surrounding Sitwell. Y/n thought this was a good time to make her way out her building and across the one they were at. She went as quickly as possible and once she got to the car, she heard them walk out the building as Steve held Sitwell.

They all got in the car as Sam drove, Steve was in the passenger seat, and Sitwell sat in between Natasha and y/n. They started talking about Hydra again and y/n got mini flashbacks by the sound of that name. "What? Are you crazy?" Sitwell exclaimed. Then suddenly something shattered the window on y/n's side and grabbed Sitwell as he screamed and got swung out through the highway.

The arm then grabbed y/n and pulled her out. "Y/n!" Natasha yelled as she tried dodging the bullets from above. Suddenly Sam hit the brakes and sent the mysterious body out in front and y/n got sent back.

The winter soldier slid off smoothly and got up. He stared at the car where Natasha, Steve, and Sam were still inside. Y/n had some scrapes and groaned trying to pick herself up. Natasha aimed her gun at the winter soldier, but the car got reared by a bigger truck. The soldier jumped on top of the car but slid off and made his way to y/n. The truck still followed them and kept hitting them from behind.

Meanwhile, the soldier got y/n with his metal arm and pulled her closer. "What do you want from me." Y/n said with gritted teeth. The soldier removed his glasses and mask. "Hail Hydra." He said in his husky voice.

The switch went on. Y/n widened her eyes as she heard that phrase. The phrase that triggered her trauma and all the damage that came with it.

Y/n POV

His voice echoed inside my head. He was awakening some part of me. I tried to resist screaming in agony, but it was too strong. I couldn't control it. It took over my mind and I felt every nerve transform. Every muscle aching from the pain. I fell down to my knees as the soldier stood in front of me. He had a smirk on his face. "Welcome back, baby."

There was a pause. I stood up and the soldier grabbed me by the hips pulling me into a rough short kiss. A part of me was gone, it was the start of the end.