Chapter 30: Pillow Talk

The morning felt fresh. Maybe it was the sound of the birds and the rustling of the tress rather than waking up to honks and cars in the city. I could see through the window, it was still really early, because the sun was barely visible. "Morning," a raspy voice made me turn my head to their direction. "Morning, how'd you sleep," I pressed a kiss on Nat's forehead. "Really good," she said as she wrapped her leg around mine. 

I moved some of her red hair behind her ear, "How are you feeling," my smile was now more concerned. "Look, I don't want you stressing over me, I'm fine," she turned to her back, now looking up at the ceiling. "No. You don't get to push me away now, you-" 

"Y/n, I'm not pushing you away," she laughed jokingly. "Yes you are Natasha, I've been patient with you, just like you were with me this past year, but I think it's time you be honest with me, about everything," I said the last part firmly. "Fine," she closed her eyes. She knew it was time. 

"In the Red Room where I was trained, where I was raised, um, they have a graduation ceremony," she paused, "they sterilize you," she held in her tears. I took her hand in mine, "It's okay, you can let it out." 

"It's efficient, one less thing to worry about. The one thing that might matter more than a mission. Makes everything easier. Even killing." she finally turned her body towards mine. I brought her hand up to my mouth and pressed a kiss, "I'm sorry this happened to you, but thank you for telling me this."

"Didn't really have a choice to make," she said sarcastically. "Hey, I'm just trying to know more about you, this past year was mostly about me and I don't want this relationship to be one-sided," I wiped her tears that were still visible. "I know," she softly chuckled. 

I cleared my throat, "There's something I do need to tell you," I said nervously. "Yeah, what is it," she sounded concerned. "Okay, well, you know the twins? I think I've seen them before. I- I'm not sure, it was sort of a flashback, I think, but it felt real. When I got close to them, they seemed familiar. I don't know if there's any significance or a kind of sign, but I need to know what it means and what that was." 

She stared at me, "First of all, thank you for telling me, but I think I should be more concerned as to why you got so close to them." 

"Nat," I scoffed. "Sorry, um, I think we should wait until we see them again, maybe you can see the flashbacks and be able to understand them more. In the meantime, I can smell food, we should go eat," she got off bed and put on clothes. "Wow thanks for the pep talk," I said as I did the same. "Anytime," she teased as we walked out the room to find Laura and the kids preparing some breakfast.