Chapter 14: No Memories

01/01/2014

Well I'm back. There went my plan for keeping a journal last year cause I disappeared half the year. I haven't been sleeping much. Truth is, I'm scared from getting nightmares again. I haven't told anyone about them and they're worrying for me. I refuse to talk about it, it's too much and most of the time I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm at. I try to remember anything before that party in New York City, but I can't. But I also only remember meeting Tony and Steve, and I can't remember why. The last thing I remember is...

———

Third POV

Y/n dropped her pen and started grabbing her head. She hit her sides of her head trying to remember anything.

"C'mon! Remember! Remember!" She screamed for her brain to remember anything at all.

Natasha heard grunts and screams coming from y/n's room and quickly ran to help.

"Y/n? What's wrong?!" She asked y/n. But she realized blood was dripping from her ears.

"Y/n! Stop it! You're hurting yourself!" She approached her.

"Where am I? Who are you?! Stay away from me!" Y/n pushed Natasha against the wall and had her fist ready in front of her.

"Y/n please." Natasha made eye contact trying to find any sign of life.

Y/n locked her eyes on Natasha's green eyes and started remembering the day on the beach.
"N-Natasha?" She whispered as she let her fist down.

"Hey, are you okay?" Natasha grabbed y/n's face still making eye contact.

"I don't know. I couldn't remember anything. I forced myself to try and remember who I was but I just saw darkness." She said frightened.

Natasha pulled her in a hug and stroked her back. "I'm sorry this is happening to you."

Y/n suddenly felt heavy. "Y/n?" Natasha asked for a response. "Y/n!" Natasha pulled from the hug and noticed y/n slowly collapse on her.

Natasha slowly collapsed to the floor with y/n. "No, no, no, y/n wake up!" She softly slapped her cheeks to try and wake her up.

"Jarvis call Bruce and Tony up here, now!" She ordered him in a panicked voice.

"Right away, Miss Romanoff."

A few moments later, Tony and Bruce rushed in the room.

"What's wrong?" Tony called out before Bruce.

"I don't know, she collapsed. She said she couldn't remember anything." Natasha looked down at y/n. "She couldn't remember me at first."

"But she recognized you, right?" Tony asked with curious eyes.

"After a while, yes." Natasha nodded.

"Okay, it's working." Tony accidentally said out loud.

Bruce turned to Tony with confused eyes. "What's working Tony? What did you do?"

"N-nothing, just keep checking up on her." Tony was about to run off but Bruce caught his wrist.

"Tony, what did you do?" He said in a low voice.

"What I had to do." Tony responded and pulled his arm away but he felt hurt that Bruce didn't trust him. "You weren't trying anything to help her out, so I studied the book you gave me and I researched even more and found out something that could help her."

"Tony, it's not something we can fix. She went through a lot and probably worse than we can imagine."

"Well, it's working and thanks to me she's awake." Tony glanced at Natasha and left the room.

"You knew about this." Natasha said out loud and Bruce looked at her.

"You knew she was going to lose memories and you didn't tell me." She stood up and approached him pointing a finger in his chest.

"It was to protect you, Nat." Bruce held her hand.

"It's always protection! What are you protecting? Because I think everything would've been better if you just told us the truth!" She pulled her hand away and went back to y/n on the ground.

"I'm sorry." He looked down at both. "I have to take her to the lab."

Natasha pressed a soft kiss on y/n's cheek and walked away.