Chapter 31: Wanda Maximoff

Later that day, we were getting ready to start the mission.

We got into the Quinjet, Clint piloting and I was preparing in the back with Nat.

Captain was dropped off some roof. (I never really paid attention to the whole plan.) But we heard him talk to Dr. Cho about the cradle and the significant gem inside it. 

I'm guessing it's rather important.  

"Be careful out there," I pressed my forehead against Nat's. "I will," she smirked. 

"We got a window. Four, three..." Clint expressed as he lowered the Quinjet, "Give him hell." 

Nat jumped off the jet on a motorcycle. "Gosh, she's amazing." 

"Hey Clint, you mind if I get dropped off right off that corner?" I asked while I put on my cloak. "May I ask why?" Clint worried about my intentions. "No," I gave him a teasing smile. "Of course," he rolled his eyes, "just come back alive or Nat will kill me." 

"I'll try," I chuckled as I exited the jet. "Good luck." 

The truth was, I knew where the twins were at this point. Well, at least according to my instincts. 

Invisibility engaged

I had my eyes on the twins from a distance, at a Korean marketplace, it seemed they were planning something. Luckily the blue guy left. Just before the redhead started walking away, I made sure I turned my comms off and approached her. "May I ask what your plan is to destroy humanity?" I raised a brow. "Who said that?" She glanced at her surroundings. "What? What do you- I'm standing right in front of you." Then I noticed. "Oh. Right." I chuckled half embarrassed. 

Invisibility disengaged

"That was a test," I gave her an awkward smile. "Uh, hi. I'm y/n, I kind of overheard your conversation with that blue guy." 

"Pietro," she interrupted. "Pietro right. Who's Pietro?" I asked. "The blue guy. My brother," she started walking slowly. "Oh. What's your name?" Of course I knew their names, playing dumb was part of the plan. "I'm Wanda, but I really should get going." 

"No," I came off too strong, "I mean, no why so soon," I need to get more info. "We should talk more, I would like to get to know you better," I said as I sat down on a bench. She stood there for a sec and then nodded, "Fine, but only because you seem like a nice person," she said as she sat next to me, but not too close.

A thing about myself is that I hate lying, even a small white lie, it just makes me very anxious. My leg kept shaking. "Are you okay?" Wanda placed her hand on my lap. It made it stop as I gulped and looked at her. "Yeah," I looked down, "Actually, okay, I'm actually a part of the Avengers, well I hope I am, anyway, I help the band out," I smirked. "So you work for Stark," she said Stark's name with a bit more anger. "Well, I mean it's more of a teamwork thing, but- hey, why do you sound so angry," I said as she leaned forward and put her hair behind her ears. 

I was about to speak when I saw something dangling around her neck. "Where did you get that?" I got closer to her. She flinched a little when I pointed my finger at the shiny necklace, "This?" She said as she grabbed the necklace and slowly played with the locket.  

It was the same necklace around my neck. 

As she smiled and looked at her necklace, I slowly took out my necklace so she would see it as well. 

"Wait, where did YOU get that?" Wanda stood up concerned about the situation. 

"So I think we both need answers," I said. "What's your full name again?" I needed to know. 

"My full name is Wanda Maximoff," she didn't take her eyes off my necklace. 

Maximoff. 

That sounded familiar.