Chapter 13: Nightmare

Y/n's POV

I fell asleep after Natasha was next to me. I could tell by the dark circles she had, that she wasn't sleeping much. As I felt her hand touch mine, I held it tight, not wanting to let go.

Inside her sleeping mind... (third POV)

"Stop it!" Y/n resisted as two guys dragged her away.

She couldn't see anything but darkness. She didn't want to give up, but her arms were getting weaker.

There was a sudden silence.

"Hello?" Y/n called out.

She opened her eyes and she was in a black space. Not even her reflection appeared. Just the darkness creeping at every corner she turned.

She ran and ran. She tried looking for a sign of light or some sort of exit but she was at the same spot. She stood still for a few seconds and heard a strange noise.

She didn't know where to look. She looked left, right, up, down, everywhere but still lost in the darkness.

"Is anybody out there?" She called out, her voice had an echo to it this time.

"Darling." A deep voice called back.

She jumped at the sound of the voice. "Who are you?"

"Don't be scared. I won't hurt you." The voice came from every direction.

"I'm not scared! Show yourself." Y/n started taking a few steps forward, or at least that's what it felt like to her. She turned and turned trying to find any hint as to where the voice was coming from.

"Oh darling. How I've waited for this moment." Y/n saw a red light at a distance, not too close but not too far.

Y/n stood there but felt an ache in her stomach as the light came closer. She quickly walked backwards but it felt as if she wasn't moving.

"Don't you miss your father?" A deep creepy voice said as the light turned into a face in front of her.

Third POV

Y/n let out a loud gasp suddenly waking up catching her breath. She turned to the side as she couldn't feel Natasha's hand anymore and realized she wasn't in the same spot as last night. She rubbed her face questioning the nightmare she had.

She stood up from the bed and realized she was no longer in pain. Probably since she was asleep for half a year. Y/n slowly walked to the restroom and washed her face still recovering from what she had seen.

She looked up at the mirror and touched her face tracing the scars. As she got closer to the mirror, the same face appeared and jump scared her. She had a fight reflex and punched the mirror. Her knuckles bleeding, dripping with blood on the pieces of glasses. Tears fell from her broken eyes as she hit the sides of the sink over and over. She was angry but terrified of the vision. She leaned to the wall sliding down as she sat, her hands trembling on her face and head between her knees.

As she sat on the bathroom floor silent crying, Natasha walked in the room with a plate of breakfast. She had made blueberry pancakes and a banana milkshake. She noticed y/n wasn't in bed, and she placed the plate on the nightstand. She heard a silent cry coming from the bathroom and quickly made her way to y/n.

"Hey, hey, hey." She fell on her knees next to her.

She hugged her and comforted y/n as she noticed the broken mirror and glass around the sink.

"It's okay. It's okay." Natasha grabbed y/n's hands.

"I-I'm sorry." Y/n said in between breaths.

"No, I'm sorry. I should've been there, I should've been the one in that base, not you. You didn't deserve what you went through. And for some reason your powers only teleported me, and not you." Natasha said as she rubbed her thumb on y/n's hand.

"Powers?" Y/n finally looked up at Natasha.

"Uh, yeah, your powers?" Natasha furrowed her brows at y/n.

"I think you went a little crazy during that time I was asleep, huh. Imagine me with powers. Ha!" Y/n wiped her tears and let go of Natasha's hands as she slowly stood up.

Natasha sat there not knowing what was happening. Was she joking? Did she actually not remember about her powers? She had to find out eventually, right?

"Earth to Natasha!" Y/n snapped at Natasha who was zoned out.

"Yeah, I was going crazy without you." Natasha played it off.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry for the mess. I'll clean up after I take care of these hands." Y/n looked down at her knuckles that had pieces of glass with blood.

"Yeah, let me take care of this." Natasha grabbed y/n's hands and led her out the bathroom.