Chapter 36: Comfortable Silence

06/01/2015

It's been a month since the Ultron event since I found out about my half-siblings. Since. Well, I lost one. It makes no sense to feel the pain, but we shared blood. I can't imagine how Wanda must feel. I've tried to get her to talk about him, but it might be too soon. I also noticed life completely changed for me, for the worst. But for the better because of her. I couldn't imagine myself living a happy life without her, even if it meant that we have to fight dangerous aliens in the middle. I can't wait to marry Natasha Romanoff.

--- --- ---

Everyone was taking a break from all the fighting. They hadn't gone out for two weeks. They would pass each other through the hallways and sometimes smile and nod, other times not so much.

Y/n had gone to visit Wanda in her room. They usually had these visits in the afternoon. They would share stories of each other or things only sisters talked about.

Yes. Take me to her.

"Hey, how did you sleep?" Y/n walked in the door that was already half-opened.

"It was good, Vision just took the plate of food he brought me for breakfast."

"Oh," y/n raised an eyebrow as she walked to the side of Wanda sitting on the bed.

"What? It wasn't bad," she chuckled knowing the food could use some seasoning.

"Ha. Well, it's the thought that counts right," y/n smiled.

"Right," you could still hear her accent.

"So, um, I wanted to tell you something I've been thinking about doing," y/n was fidgeting with her fingers.

"What is it?" Wanda put her hands on top of y/n's knowing she was nervous to tell her.

"You know about Nat and me, and the stories I've told you about her, and I just love that woman so much," Y/n hadn't realized the big smile that formed just thinking about her.

"Yes, I do. I can see how much you two love each other. Just don't rub it in my face," they both laughed.

"I want to marry her, I want to ask her soon," y/n was feeling emotional.

"Omg, y/n, yes!" she hugged her.

"Yeah, and I also wanted to ask for you to be my best woman," y/n just nervously smiled.

"I would love to," she want back for a hug, but she teared up this time. They both did. Neither imagined they would be in this position.

They stayed in that position for a little while before they heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," Wanda responded as they slowly pulled apart.

Nat saw them wiping their tears. "Wanda, you're making my girl cry now?"

They all chuckled at the comment.

"I'll see you later," y/n smiled at Wanda before taking Nat's hand and Nat also smiled goodbye to her.

They both held hands all the way to the balcony.

I guess I'll leave you here for a few more minutes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nat gently rubbed y/n's back.
"Yeah, we were just having a moment," y/n smiled.
"What were you guys taking about?" Nat was curious and signaled to sit on the couch.
"Oh. That's for another time. Can we just sit here and enjoy our company for a few minutes," y/n felt tired and lowered her head onto Nat's shoulder.
"Of course, baby," Nat kissed the top of y/n's head.

For a moment, they say in their comfortable silence. Nothing wrong. Everything felt right, too right maybe, but y/n didn't want to move from that moment.

"I love you," y/n blurted out.
Nat smiled, "I love you more."

Y/n closed her eyes and sat there for a few seconds which felt like hours. The silence got to her, because it felt too comfortable and she felt uneasy. She opened her eyes, but she wasn't next to Nat outside the balcony.

It was pitch black.

It wasn't real.

But it felt real.

"Wha-" her heart started racing. She felt lost and started running, but it was dark.
"Nat! Where am I?" she screamed at the top of her lungs. "Nat." She fell to her knees and tears started falling from her eyes.

"No. Not again." she realized.

...