chapter 8

A/N: hi again, sorry i didn't post this chapter yesterday. i thought i could get through writing it but i had writers block the whole time. enjoy the chapter :)

Your Pov:

Loki had begun talking, but you couldn't pay attention much. You wanted to, but you couldn't. It was easier for you to see things. Loki quickly picked up on your thinking and sat up on his cloud.

"I could show you what happened if that would be easier." you nodded. You sat up. The clouds you two were laying on were already close, no more than 2 feet apart. He slowly brought up his hands to your temples. When they were an inch away from your head, they released a green glow.

You opened your eyes and everything was dark. No one had ever been inside your head, pushing other images in. You watched his life story unfold in front of your eyes in a matter of seconds. You watched a young happy couple run around a garden with a toddler sized blonde boy. You watched him slowly grow up and turn into a certain God of Thunder. You watched him grow into the man you knew today. You watched a little blue boy grow up as well. He slowly started to look like the man in front of you. He was never blue after that, until you saw Thor, Loki, and their friends battle these blue giants. You watched Loki look in horror as one of them touched his skin. Instead of it getting ridden with frostbite like the others, it turned a beautiful shade of blue. He looked horrified. You watched him find out his true heritage. You watched every time Odin scolded him for the littlest inconvenience. Thor being banished away, sent to Earth. Loki taking the throne and working with these frost giants. You watched him fall off this multicolored bridge into an abyss. Then, there was this ginormous purple man with a chin that looked like a nut sack in your own opinion. You didn't see past that.

Loki Pov:

I cannot believe I am showing her all of this. I just met her yesterday, oddly, I felt like I could trust her. I watched as she was looking through my life. She got to the part where Thanos appeared and I couldn't watch that again. I quickly but carefully retreated my hands back to my side. Thanos was still a fresh memory for me that I did not want to relive.

She looked at me quite saddened that I did not give her the full story. I wanted to but I just couldn't, not yet. She saw the look of discomfort and fear on my face and quickly changed her mood. She was no longer mad from what I could tell. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. Gods I did not mean to make her cry. She quickly got up and did what I did not expect.

She gave me a hug. It was nice. Her arms were around my shoulders while her head was on the left side of my head. I had my hands wrapped around her waist. My head was next to hers buried in the crook of her neck. She smelled so good. She smelled like vanilla with a hint of lavender. Her scent started to calm me. I do not know how long we stayed like this, all I knew is that I did not want it to end.

My eyes started to tear up. When was the last time someone hugged me? It was probably mother before I got sent to the dungeons, that was ages ago. When she heard me sniffle, she tightened her grip on me. She did not let go until I did first.

No words needed to be spoken after that. She sat back down on her cloud and slowly brought her hands up to my temples. She stopped half way, making sure it was okay to continue. I gave her a nod. She brought her hands up the rest of the way and I shut my eyes. I watched her life flash before my eyes, but it slowed down so I could see the ones that damaged her soul the most.

I reopened me eyes to see a little girl, probably not much older than one, being brought into a cement building. I watched them put her into a room with no furniture in it, just the cement floor and walls. I blinked and the whole scene changed. It looked like the same building. The girl was now no older than 10. She was being tortured. She had a headset on her head that went over the left side of her face and went under her right eye. Her screams were blood curdling. I watched her being brought to her room after the torture and the guards taking advantage of her. Oh my Gods! She is a fucking child!

I want to kill every man in that room.

The scene changed yet again to her being older and being tortured all day, and the next, she was training with men twice as big as me. This was her life. Being tortured one day then they expected her to be able to train and defeat her opponents the next. They brought her to her room and they took advantage of her yet again. These people make me sick. This time, the scene did not change directly after. I watched her lay on the floor completely still. Her eyes were bright red from all of her tears, I wanted to help her more than anything, but I knew I could not. This was just all just her memories.

She laid on the ground with bruises littering her body. Her eyes looked sunken in and she was only skin and bone. Her eyes had purple bags, she looks like she hasn't slept in years.

I watched as Tony had came and rescued her, along with the other avengers. I did not see past that and opened my eyes. She was no longer sitting directly in front of me. She was lying on her cloud bed with her knees brought to her chest.

Is she more powerful than me? Normally when I went into someone's mind, my hands needed to stay near the whole time. Hers were not. That did not matter right now though, I wanted to comfort her. She had made my life look like a dream.

I slowly sat on her "bed" and brought her head into my chest. She was still hugging her knees, but her head was on my chest. I wrapped my left hand around her head, running my fingers through her hair. My right hand was rubbing her back. I felt my shirt slowly get wetter, although she was not crying. I guess it was coming from me.

"I am so sorry that happened to you." I said. Although, no words could express how sorry I was. We stayed like that for awhile. I did not realize that she drifted off into sleep. I slowly laid her head down on her makeshift bed and brought her blanket up to her shoulders.

She looks so peaceful in her sleep.

I sat back on my bed and started to close my eyes.