45

Michael shot up without an explanation running back down to the voice that called him.
I followed a little behind slower I heard Michael choke out "grandma." As I came down the stairs her scowl on Michael turned to me as she began to cry.

"She saved me grandma." Michael says looking up to me with his twinkling eyes.
I finally got to the bottom of the stairs to approach the lady.
"What have you done?!" She began to tear at her hair and pace.

"Look listen to me I know Michael and what he is. I'm here to stop that, I'm here to help him, save him I was sent here."
She laughs turning back to me with her shaking hands managing to pull out a cigarette lighting it before she spoke back to me.

"Ha you know what he is? And what's that evil? You should have died Michael!" She raises her voice at the end pointing her cigarette at him.

"Can we talk alone uhhhh....?"
"Constance, Constance langdon." She huffs and puffs walking into a room as I follow looking back at Michael with a small smile, but the sadness had still not lifted from his face.

She sat down at a counter in the huge kitchen we were in beckoning me to take a seat.
"She was clearly in a bit of a manic episode shaking her head and dragging on her cigarette constantly as if it were her last one.

"Why?" Just that one word she asked. I had so many answers or did I?
"I've seen what is to become of Michael Constance.
I believe I was sent here to change his fate it's not too late."
She laughs at me again mockingly "not too late." She chuckles.
"That boy is evil and it follows him where he will go. Your setting ourself a death trap, I tried, I wanted to finally raise my perfect baby, but Michael could never be that"

"Constance I hear you, but trust me when I say, I've been guided and planted right here, this is the moment of change."
She lights up another cigarette laughing like a loon again.

She inches closer to my face staring me dead in the eye.
"And what makes you so special?"
I sat back in my chair as I waved my hand slickly in the air her box of cigarettes levitated from the table and landed in mine. This shut her up as she stared in me in awe taking another drag.

"Right." She shifts uneasy in her seat taking another drag of her cigarette. "If your going to save that boy, take him away from me I don't want to see his face again I can't take it. But just know, you are in great danger.
"You are gifted, special, beautiful everything opposed to Michael. I think your writing your own death wish."

"I can do this."
She stands up putting her cigarette out on the table as she's about to leave I stand up along with her grabbing her arm before she does so.
"Constance you tried, don't blame yourself."
She looks down at my hand on her arm before looking up to me with her tear swollen eyes and nods before leaving the house.

I stare at the front door while it closes.
The confusion suddenly seemed to kick in, what about Robichauxs? What's about Cordelia am I still there? What's my life? I don't understand? My thoughts were interrupted by a sad Michael sitting on the bottom of the stairs.

"See I'm a monster." I sigh walking over to him and sitting next to him on the step wrapping an arm around his shoulder.
"Your special Michael.
"See I'm a monster." I sigh. "Your special Michael And were gonna figure it out okay? But for today let's just rest here okay?"

He nods his head still hanging low.
"How are the cuts feeling?"
"Not good."
"C-can I try something?"
He eventually brings his head up to meet my eyes.

I move so I'm crouching infront of him. He watches me closely with curiosity, but I shut my eyes.
Come on powers down fail me now.
I hover my hands over Michaels body around his chest hovering them over his ribs and his face as I channel the heated energy that begins to bubble and burst.

I feel the heat working it's magic as I feel the power being drained out of me. I open my eyes dropping my hands Michael still had the most lost and confused look on his face staring at me his head tilited with furrowed eyebrows.

I take my hand gently gripping the hem of his t shirt lifting it up seeing the cuts had completely descended they were healed. His face no longer cut up and bloodied.

I smile at my self "that was incredible." He laughs his eyes lightening up along with his smile. He jumps up engulfing me in a hug with his head hanging over my shoulder.
He whispers into my neck "thank you."

I squeeze him tightly before breaking apart,
"Okay were gonna stay here tonight. I'll figure out the rest okay, get rid of those clothes and get a bath I'll make you some food Michael alright?" He smiles and nods vastly before running upstairs like a little kid on Christmas morning.

I watch him until I can't see him.
It was so surreal to see my Michael like this the hurt and innocence, I began to understand his hatred and anger against this world, but that's not gonna happen this time Michael will be shown love I will make that my duty.

I walk to the kitchen overwhelmed by the size of it, it was beautiful a dream home really. I opened every single cupboard searching for something I could cook. There were literally some tinned beans and soup left over. Jheez.

I lay my hands finally on a singular bag of pasta which I take. Pasta it is.

"I think you can do it." I jump dropping the pasta as a soft voice speaks behind me.
I turn to see a lady with strawberry blonde hair in elegant waves along side a girl around my age.

"I'm so sorry I'm intruding, is this your house?"
"Was." The young girl chuckles.
"So your...?"
"We're dead. We died here, I died giving birth to Michael actually." She laughs faintly as Violet clicks her tongue.

"You think I can do it?"
"I have faith in you, Michael has not completely succumb it's not too late and you have a white sparkling aura around you. Your power and energy is pretty darn hard to ignore." The ginger spoke.

"What are you?" The younger girl asks.
Good question. What am I?
"I-I don't know. I-I've been confused, conflicted rather. I don't know if it was through manipulation but I thought I was here to serve a dark purpose a dark angel."

"Angels are only born through angelic parents corelana."
I laugh "yup I figured, guess it would help if I knew them right?" I stifle a laugh
"Well duh" the younger girl speaks but she smiles making her sarcasm more playful.

"Violet." She hold out her hand which I gladly take.
"Your cool."
"Corelena?" I hear Michael call.
The girls exchange a glance before saying "we were never here." And with that they fade into thin air.

"Yes Michael?"
"I'm hungry." He pouts walking into the kitchen.
I laugh picking up the bag of pasta holding it up.
He smiles and licks his lips.

I find my way around the kitchen getting out a pan and filling up the water as I begin to cook Michael begins to question me.

"Why do you believe in me?"
I don't take my eyes off the pan as I cook.
"We're special and special people got to stick together and that's what we will do. We will find out way Michael."

I don't even notice as I swirl the pasta around in the pan the hands that wrap around my torso and the head resting on the back of my neck.
His embrace was warm and craved.