22

Third person POV

Lena and Michael didn't realise but they were both in pain. A great amount of pain.

The day was quite in the already quite bunker. Lena lay  alone on her bed dithering between questions and answers being thrown around her head like a tennis match.
Her long black hair cascading her bare back as she sat in small nightgown. She had never felt more incomplete the thought of her not knowing the rest was killing her. She bang to think the worst of her self. She felt how weak she was before Michael and this entail made her question what she would have done the extent she would have gone to, too be alive.

Michael on the other hand you could argue was in a deeper pain. Watching the Only person he needed, the one he thought was going to be with him for eternity. Begin this new life with him, she had never been more distant.
In his mind there was glimmer of hope lena would urge to see the the truth.
But Michael couldn't help but doubt. His fingers tapping against the table, he had been still for an hour or two.

Both in a pool of hurt.

The two strayed their distance, Lena not leaving her room once that day and Michael to afraid to talk to her. He couldn't take the nasty words she was saying to him in this moment. He didn't care what other people thought, but lena. To go from the most understanding and compatible person to this was causing a big knot in his stomach.

When dinner came around, Langdon have Emma strict orders go make lena come to dinner. He knew this was unlikely, but if she knew better she would come.

He awaited at the table in angst. His head in his hands but quickly shot up when he heard small footsteps towards him.

Lena stood in the doorway her face looked tired and withdrawn. Tear stained cheeks that were now dry, red eyes and sorrow dropping in every muscle of her face.
Michael was eager to speak, but held his tongue for the time being awaiting to hear from lena.
He had to respect that she even came to be in his presence.

Lena had decided to come to dinner, her alone in her room was driving her up the walls and fast.
Her mind was a never ending tornado and she was thankful for a moment escape, even if that was with Michael. She wanted to hold a strong front but nevertheless that was unable to happen right now.

"I think I owe it to cut you some slack. I'm scared, scared that I will learn the truth. If there is honesty to what you say then I'm in no position to kill away the person who... I don't know." She walks to her chair taking a seat. Her hands sat amongst her lap which her eyes were directed on.

Michael could have easily finished her sentence. One person who loves you, one person who needs you, one person who can't be without you, one person who would kill to have you and the one person who would never leave your side.

"Well until you decide your ready, I guess we will never know." Michael plays the card that is most likely to encourage her curiosity. He needs her to see.

"Curiosity killed the cat. What if I can't live with the truth?"
Michael sat back in his chair. He knew she could she was the same Lena, after all that happened between them it was undeniable. He was confident. He knew she was in love with him and that she will be once again. After all he was the only love she had knew, who could possibly forgive that.

"You've seen the worst. Both in a time of need and confusion. At that time we had both just began blossoming and to have found someone with the same strength, aura and loneliness I couldn't not."

Lena listener but she couldn't reply.
She pushed her plate away from her. "I'm not hungry." But she didn't want to leave. She didn't move she just moved her gaze to Michael watching him.

For the first time he had felt nervous under her gaze. He felt he was under inspection, if he fucked up now there was a chance of her never wanting to know the truth. He had to be gentle with this situation.

He pushed his plate away too, his hand not stopping to reach out to Lena's hand resting on the table.
She for some reason didn't move away.
He held her hand in his tracing the back with his thumb. He tried to hold in his deep exhilaration at her touch, something he longed to have.

The two stared with deep compassion but one not understood by Lena.
"Show me"
She squeezed her fingers around his hand as a single tear slid down her cheek.

He was fast to move forward leaning over the table a little.
"Find it lena, it's in there say the words." His voice was huskier, she knew what he had meant.
Like the same night she sold her soul she felt the same hypnotic state fighting to take her. It was so strong.

Lena bit her lip terrified of the hold that was taking over.
Her head felt back slightly as Michael got out of his chair standing behind her with her head against his stomach. The power took ahold as she begged to see the truth with the final words speaking Ave satanus.
Michael felt her head go limp against him her eyes were closed and her mouth pressed tightly shut. He carefully lifted her from underneath her arms allowing her dress to flow in the breeze created by his movements. He held her tightly against him breathing in her sickening and unforgettable sent.

Her hair dangled over his face as he lifted her up in his arms carrying her to his room. Not her but his, he knew this awakening could be different. He wanted to watch her wake with the knowledge of what was before. The real them. Michael and Lena. His excitement and passion gouged at him.

He lay lena down softly and sat by her side. He wasn't going anywhere.