4. Adrian's Pranks

~Cade~

Davina had sat back down. I knew she had gotten up to go to the bathroom because she was scared. Davina was always unsettled when watching scary movies. Always caused her to have disturbing nightmares. The movie was halfway through and it started to get scary than we thought. I looked to my left to check up on Davina to see if she was alright but she seemed to be focusing on the floor for a distraction from the movie. Right when I had my focus on her, I felt a cold wet feeling above my head and down to the rest of my body. Davina looked at me with a shocked look, then with an apologetic one. 

Davina stood up from where she was sitting and turned around to face the comedian, Adrian. "Did I not just tell you, NOT TO MESS WITH MY NIGHT OR THEIRS?" Adrian stopped laughing once he saw his sister's serious look on her face. "Oh come on, it was funny. It's just water. It'll dry up!" I saw the anger on her face. She was done with him. Before she said anything she would regret, I stood up. "D it's okay, it'll dry up. I'll go to the bathroom and clean up. If not I'll just borrow Bryan's clothes, right?" Bryan looks up at me from where he was sitting. "Yeah, sure man." "See?... Davina?" She was staring her brother down and he looked right back at her but with an apologetic face. But I guess his act wasn't working on her. 

"Why the fuck do you always ruin my time with my friends, huh?" Adrian tried to speak but Vina wouldn't let him. "Why didn't you just listen to Luke when he said you guys wouldn't do anything? You are honestly so fucking annoying! I don't want you near me or my friends for the rest of this week and next week!" She was heading towards the stairs to go to her room. She stopped in her tracks and turned around. "Oh, and Adrian do me a favor and maybe spend the whole week at your girlfriend's house because right now I could fucking punch you in the face." After that, she was up the stairs and all we heard was a slam of a door. 

All of us were in shock. Davina wasn't one to pick fights. She would always get upset but never this mad. Besides the overprotectiveness, Adrian and Davina had a good relationship. Adrian stood there with the empty bucket he used to pour the freezing water on me. He had finally spoken up, "Would someone go check up on her?" I looked at the girls but everyone was looking at me. I was too scared to even move from my position. I made eye contact with Adrian and he gave me a nod. That was his cue for saying I was okay to check up on her. 

 I walk up to her door and knock lightly. "I don't want to talk right now." She didn't lock her door so I just gently walked into her room. "I said I didn't want to talk.", she spoke again. "It's fine you don't have to talk, but I'm sure you can use some company." She turns around and I see her red watery eyes. Davina was one to cry when she was mad or frustrated. "I'm sorry, for him. He's such an asshole." 

"D, I told you it was fine this was nothing I couldn't handle. Plus, I need a shower." She chuckled. "See, no reason to be mad about it." She sits up facing me. "I'm sorry. I was just tired of all the stupid shit they always pull on you." I was getting where she was coming from. Her brother's pranks were no fun and I was lucky enough that today it was just water. She looked at me with her eyes. At that moment, what she needed most was a hug. I whispered in her ear, "I'll have the rest come up here, yeah?" She backed away from me and nodded her head. 

I was glad to have made her laugh while she was upset. Davina was beautiful and I hated seeing her cry. I was on my way to the stairs to go tell the others to come up. Right, when I was about to go down Adrian was sitting on the first step at the top. I sat next to him. "She's okay. She was just having a moment." Adrian looked up at me. "A moment she's been wanting to say...I'm sorry. If I would have known she was tired of all my shit wouldn't have done that." There's no way in hell one of Davina's brothers just apologize to me because of a prank. "It's fine, nothing I couldn't handle from the other pranks." He laughs a little. He stands up and makes his way to his room. With that, I make my way up to Davina's room. The others came up a few minutes after me. 

Bryan had let me borrow some clothes. Since mine were wet after all. After settling in D's room, we decided to just watch a tv show. One by one everyone started to fall asleep. I looked at Davina to see if she was sleeping as well. She was wide awake. "You aren't tired?" I asked her. "No, not really. You know I always sleep late." I stood up to make my way to her bed. 

"If you want you can always sleep in the bed...that's if you're uncomfortable." I wasn't planning to sleep on her bed but I wasn't new to it. I ended up lifting some sheets and sitting up on her bed. "Remember the time you slept in my bed and I kicked you off." She started laughing. That was the first time I had slept over. My parents had left for a trip and Davina's parents were happy enough to take care of me. "Yea...I don't think that was necessary. This huge bed and you still manage to kick me off." She thought it was hilarious. As she's laughing, I look at her face.

Davina was gorgeous. I can't express that enough. I started suppressing my feeling down. I couldn't let myself have feelings for her again. The guys and I all know how that ended up. BAD. But, looking at her it was hard not to catch feelings. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" she spoke, breaking my thoughts. She came near me. "Nada, pensando en ti." (Nothing thinking of you.) She looks up at me. "Cade, seriously?" I was always happy Davina never understood Spanish. I could have expressed my feelings for her and she would just look lost. "Nothing, thinking about senior year." I finally said. She came closer to me, almost cuddling me. I had no problem with it, she looked comfortable. That's until she looked up at me from having her head on my chest. I had the urge to kiss her. It was silent at the moment. I wasn't sure if she had the same idea as I did because she was looking at my lips.

I leaned my head forward, towards her, and with one move from her, our lips connected. A kiss I had been craving and it was finally happening. Her lips were soft and her lip balm tasted like fruits. The kiss was soft and slow. I was holding her face as if I never wanted to part from her. She backed away and I was already missing her warm lips. 

"I...umm...eh..." she struggled to talk. It was cute to see her flustered. "It's fine...you don't have to say anything if you don't want to." She looked at me before laying her head back on my chest. I started playing with her hair and giving her soothing massages on her head. "Mi princessa, no sabes quanto tiempo yo quiere se eso. Deseo hacer más cosas contigo. Buenas noches mi hermosa." (My princess, you don't know how long I've been wanting to do that. I wish I can do more things with you. Good night my beautiful.)

With that I knew she had fallen asleep, noticing the way her breathing calmed. I hugged her closer to me and fell asleep with her in my arms.