1. Meeting Up

~Davina~

It's a Friday morning and I have never felt tired in my life. The worst part is that I have to get up in able to be at school on time. But my body complains to stay in my cozy sheets till the day I'm awakened by my prince, yea right. Well, I finally decided to get up and get my lazy legs to work.

First, I took approximately a half-hour shower and got dressed after. I apply a simple coat of makeup and blow-dry my hair. I decided on leaving my hair down.

After I'm ready I grab my things head down to the kitchen and make myself a reasonable breakfast, cereal and orange juice. I've always had to make my own breakfast, you see my mother isn't like a normal mom to make you breakfast and pack up your lunch. She is a lazy kind and definitely not a morning person. So I have to do all the things she's supposed to do in the morning. So when I finish breakfast I decide to leave the house and take the bus for today, usually, I'll wait and my mom takes me or my friend does but today wasn't a normal high school day. It was the first day of senior year.

I know time flies, but it's like in the snap of a finger I was just a freshman last year and now a senior. Well as I'm on my way to school I decided to text my friends and see where they're at.

Davina
Hey guys, where have all of you been can't wait to see u guys ☺️

Juliana
DAVINAAAA OMG it has been for like ever OMG I can't wait to get to see u AHAHAHH and I can't forget Aliayah

Aliayah 
Hey babes I can't wait to get with u guys caught up on this summer especially u Vina since u went away.

Juliana
Senior year here we come 😆😆😆

Only Juliana would say something like that. Ughhh I miss them so much but I can't explain how much I've missed Cade.

Cade is my childhood best friend since we were one. He must be the only person to understand me and the only one that sees right through me, even though I hate to admit it. Cade can never be replaced not even with my own favorite food. Okay, fine I took it too far. Anyways I haven't seen him since the start of summer clearly because I went away. I decided to text him as well.

Davina

Hey C.

No response.

Hmm, I find it weird that he didn't respond. Usually, he responds quickly to my text especially since we haven't seen each other in a long time.

Well I wasn't that bum about him not responding because I was already at school so I figured I find him there.

As I walk into school I see everyone in groups the freshman look lost and scared, while the juniors look tired of coming back to this hell, the sophomores look like they are glad they aren't freshmen anymore, and finally, I spot the seniors sitting down in the cafeteria as I make my way there.

As I look around I don't see any of my friends, that's until I turn around and I see someone running towards me at full speed. I finally recognized the figure it was Juliana with her long hair blowing against the wind from her sprinting. One second to the other I was on the floor with Juliana on top of me.

"Juliana please...get off...I can't breath..." as I tired to take breaths so I don't die, she gets off and has her hand extended to pull me up. When I finally have my breathing in sync again I pull her in a hug. She takes a step back and analyzes me head to toe. "Davina you look...fantastic!!! Did you get a tan? Did you do something with your hair? Did you get taller? Omg, do you have a boyfriend? What are you using on your face, it's so clear?..."

Juli was one of those friends that couldn't stop talking but that's the reason why I loved her. "Juliana calm down, I haven't done anything, I haven't change since you last saw me, now where is Aliayah" As I look in the direction Juliana came running from earlier I see Aliayah sitting down talking to some friends of hers. I take Juli's hand and start making my way to the table. I arrive at the table and tap Aliayah on the shoulder, she turns around and looks at me with wide eyes. "OMG... you look so different but in a good way." She finally stands up and drags me into a hug. Not to be a creep but she smelled so good like cinnamon and vanilla. I wonder what perfume she uses. 

We sit down and I notice that the people sitting here before had left and I immediately felt bad. "Oh, I'm sorry your friends you were talking to left... I could go so you can finish your conversation." As I look into Aliayah's face she manages to pull a smile. "You haven't changed not one bit..." she chuckles a little, "no it's okay really, they were just introducing themselves they're new, they were about to leave right when you came, nothing to worry about." I released my worried face and pull a small smile relieved that I didn't interrupt anything.

As I look at the time, first period is about to start and I still haven't seen the one person I really wanted to catch up with.

Cade

_______________________

Hmmm, where is Cade?

Sorry if there are any mistakes this is my first book I'm writing. :)
I know it's kinda short but I hope you stick around I swear it will get better.

Kisses 😘