2.Preparing

~Davina~

After hours of boring classes, it was finally my lunch period. Since I didn't know if Juliana and Aliayah had this lunch period I just took an empty table and sat there. I was looking around to see if I could spot my eyes on them but no luck.

So I went on line and waited to see what the special was for today. "Hey, I think you just skipped us?" I didn't know what was happening at first but, I didn't think the person behind me was talking to me. "Girl with the blonde hair, I think you just skipped us." So I finally caught up and turned around, "I don't think I did skip you because...wait, Cade!!"

Hold on back up a bit Cade had this lunch period. "Earth to Vina, hey I haven't seen you in a while, wouldn't it be nice to have a greeting hug." I couldn't believe my best friend was standing in front of me, so I stood there blank for like eternity. That's until he pulled me into a hug. He pulled back and I finally spoke some words, "Hold on, are you, Cade, because I just don't believe my best friend is standing in front of me!" He chuckled just a little, "Yes, it's me and would you quit it with the exaggeration." I pulled a laugh while he stepped up and went in front of me. "HEY, I think you just skipped me." He managed to look back, "Really? I thought you were just standing there laughing entertaining yourself. You were kinda holding up the line." I gave him a little punch, "Haha very funny."

Cade and I had gotten our lunch and sat at the table I sat at before. "So, where are Daniel and Haze? Do they have this period?" Cade gave me a look, "If they were here, don't you think they would be with me, hmmm Vina?" When has Cade been so sassy, "OKAY, okay you have a point." As I started to eat I analyzed Cade, he looked different but I don't know what changed. "I see you're checking me out. It's not too late to confess your feelings princess. I mean it is the first day of being seniors." But he still had that goofy side to him. "In your dreams Cade, in your dreams."

As we finished up our lunch he decided to see what he had missed, "So I see you got a tan since I last saw you. What other fun things did you do in California?" Over the summer I went to California to see my family. "Nothing much, surfing, beaches, shopping, and a lot of cute guys." "Yea and apparently that's nothing", he chuckled. "Whatever, how about you?" I asked. "Oh nothing just pensando en ti sin ti mi verano fue aburrido." Cade always had to do that, didn't he already know the 17 years we have been friends I don't understand Spanish. "Te ves linda cuando estás frustrada." Honestly, when will he learn that I don't understand. "Cade you do understand I don't know Spanish and that I have no clue what you just said." He gave another chuckle, "Right, I didn't do anything for the summer, just stayed home."See, that wasn't so hard to say in English. "I felt like you said more in Spanish didn't you?" He looked away and looked back catching my eyes, "Nah my summer was plain boring."

As I was about to pull my response the bell rang, we said our see you laters and went to our next class.

                    ——————————————
I was on my way to my locker after the final bell rang. As I was walking, Cade was behind me. We had the same class and surprisingly Haze as well had our class. As Cade was following me so was Haze. When I reached my locker Cade put his weight against the locker next to mine. "Hey, is it okay if we can have a movie night together at your house?" Since it was Friday, (I know weird to start the first day of school on Friday) and I had nothing else better to do I said yes. "Sure, Haze, Daniel, Juliana, and Aliayah can come. You guys can probably even sleep over if you want?" Haze spoke, "Okay cool, sounds like a plan I'll tell Daniel and the others." Cade had just blurted out a time, "mmm...6." That was fine by me so I approved.

I had taken the bus home only to realize I had at least an hour to clean up and get snacks ready. I went to the store before I can take the route home to pick up chips, candy, and my personal favorite Twizzlers. It was quiet when I got home, which was a good sign that nobody was home. Mom was probably working a night shift, Dad was on a trip for work, and who knows where my older brothers are. I just hope they don't appear. But luck is never on my side, I must have spoken too soon because almost all of them appeared.

You must be wondering how many brothers I have. Well, it's hard to believe but I have four. Kyle is the oldest, he is 25, Luke is 23, Adrian is 19, and Bryan is 18. It's so hard to believe that I had to be the only girl.

So once Luke, Adrian, and Bryan came in I knew it was going to be a long night. I got nervous, how was I supposed to know they were going to be home. They hardly ever stay home. I wasn't going to cancel the plans because we all had things to catch on together. Luke spoke up, "Hey sis, what's with all these snacks?" I froze, I didn't want to tell them my friends were coming over especially, Cade. See, my brothers never believed that Cade and I were just friends. So they took it upon themselves to protect me, in the job of being an older brother. Don't even get me started on Adrian and Luke, they're like bodyguards never leaving my side if there are boys around. "Oh, ummmm, nothing just having a movie night with friends." They all looked at each other skeptically. "And which friends are coming Juliana and Aliayah?" Adrian asked. "Yea... and umm... a few others."

At this point, Bryan knew where this conversation was going so he just took a seat a started taking some popcorn. Seriously, he thought this was a joke. I looked at him with an annoyed face. "They better not be boys!!", both of them said. "Well about that... CadeHazeandDanielarecomingover." I said it so fast that at first they didn't understand but then they caught on. "Okay, fine.", Luke said. "I guess that's cool, then.", Adrian said after him. Wait, what? They were chill about it. Just last year when Cade came over, they had blocked the door from him getting into the house and locked me in my room. "Oh, okay then thanks.", I replied.

Something wasn't right. Even Bryan looked shocked. But I guess for now it was okay. The doorbell had rung. As I was about to open the door, I looked at Luke and Adrian. They looked suspicious but I was just hoping that it wasn't going to be a bad night.

     ____________________________

Hey guys, I really hope this chapter can make you stay for the journey we have ahead of us.
I really hope you guys like this chapter. Comment anything you like, any tips, anything about the story.

And by the way my name is Danisse. Yea, I know it's spelt weird but it's pronounced as Denise just spelled differently just to be unique. Thought you guys might want to know.

I really hope you stick around.