21. Winter Break

~Davina~

Two months had gone by it was already December. Not only my family, but my friends as well kept bugging me about what happened with Jack. 

Cade was the only one who gave me space but he would drop some hints. 

I understood why they were worried. After a couple days from the incident, I started getting these nightmares I couldn't explain and would literally jolt me up from my sleep having me all sweaty. 

Cade had experienced it when he had slept in my bed. He would ask if I was okay and grab me some water. I never drank it because it would flash me back to how Jack forced me to drink water causing me to choke on it. 

I also couldn't look at myself in the mirror for a couple of weeks what reflected back was how I looked that day and Jack behind me with a knife to my cheek. 

My scar had mainly went away but you could still see it. 

"Hey, you all ready?" Cade came into my room. 

After what happened, I wanted to get my mind off things. So, I took Cade's idea into consideration and started planning a trip we could take during break. We all manage to pick a hot place to travel to, Miami. 

"Yeah, all packed." I responded to him. 

Cade originally didn't wanna go because his job wasn't giving him enough money in able for him to go on the trip but my parents were happy enough to pay for our flights and the place we were gonna stay at. 

Cade took my suitcase and went downstairs with it. I grabbed my carry on and proceeded to walk downstairs. 

"Davina, honey, do you have everything? You didn't forget your sunscreen right? Do you have your passport and your ID?" Mom came up to me soothing my arm. 

"Yes, mom. I have everything. Cade as well." 

"Okay, be safe. Be responsible. Call me when you get to the house safe and when you land."

"Alright mom. Where's dad? I want to say bye before I leave." 

She pointed towards his office near the living room. I walked and knocked on the door before heading in. He was on a phone call.

"Okay, alright. Look just do whatever you have to do. We need a solution for this. I gotta go." He hung up his call. 

"I just wanted to say bye." I walked around his desk to give him a hug. 

"Davina be safe okay." He gave me a small kiss on the forehead.

"I will."

"Have fun." I walked out his office and walked up to my mom to give her a hug. 

"Okay, honey. Here are some snacks on your way to the airport. I have some for you and Cade." She passed me two small bags of snacks inside. "Thank you." 

Everyone else was out so the only two people that came to say bye to me were Bryan and Adrian. 

I made my way to Cade's car and got in. 

"Did you text the others?" He asked. 

"Yeah, they're on their way there, already." I responded to him. 

My house was close to the airport, so it only took ten minutes to get there. 

We waited for the rest to get here and by the rest I meant Haze and Daniel. Knowing Daniel, he was probably holding Haze up. 

"They're walking here from the parking lot." Aliayah told us. 

Once we saw them, we went inside to start dropping our bags and go through security. In just a minute, Daniel and Haze picked up their pace and were just behind us now.