Strange Plays and Chinese Food

Beck and I were in hysterics as we searched high and low for Jade. She was upset and angry, which led to terrible results if she was left to her own devices. But her feelings were valid considering how hard she worked on her play, only to be rejected by the school. Granted, her play was a little out of the norm, but honestly, it wasn't much different from the shows on the telly.

Our search led us to the main hallway, thinking Jade could've been at her locker. She wasn't, but we ran into Tori, Andre, and Cat instead. "Hey, Beck. Hey, (Y/N)," Tori greeted as we looked around, not really meeting her eye.

"Yeah, hey," I replied on autopilot.

"What's up?"

Tori was oblivious to our distracted states. "After school, we're going to this insane Chinese restaurant I found right up the street. You guys wanna come?"

Beck and I were still barely paying her any attention as he muttered, "Maybe, if we can find Jade."

"Where is she?"

That got my attention, and I arched an eyebrow. "Tori, darling, we have no clue, hence the search," I said, doing everything in my power to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

"Right, sorry."

"She blew off her last two classes," Beck interjected.

"She's still mad?" Andre asked.

Beck nodded. "Oh, yeah."

"You haven't a clue," I added.

Tori looked around at all of us, her brows furrowed. "Why is Jade mad?"

"You know that play she wrote, Well Wishes?"

She hummed, signaling she was following along. I sighed and explained, "She wanted to put it on here at school, but they won't let her."

"Why not?"

"The teachers think it's too weird and disturbing," Beck concluded.

Suddenly, Sinjin appeared right behind Tori. "What's wrong with weird and disturbing?"

"The fact that you have to ask speaks volumes," I jabbed. But I was ignored.

Tori eyed Sinjin strangely before her eyes shifted down. She looked back up and said, "Your pants are unzipped."

Unbothered, Sinjin scoffed. "I know."

As he walked away, I looked at Tori in question. "Why would you look?"

She shrugged and floundered to come up with a proper response as her mouth flopped helplessly. Just then, her saving grace, Robbie ran up to us. He was panting uncontrollably.

"We found Jade," Robbie rasped.

"Where?" Beck asked urgently.

"Janitor's... Closet," Rex wheezed between breaths. Beck and I shared a look before rushing towards the closet, and our friends decided to follow. I didn't bother knocking before I slowly opened the door, revealing Jade. She was sitting on the floor, cutting up the Janitor's trash can with her scissors. To anyone else, she looked pissed and scary, but Beck and I knew better. She was drastically upset, and this was her version of pouting.

"Hey," I greeted softly.

Beck inched forward and stood next to me with his hands in his pockets. "Whatcha doing?" He asked apprehensively.

"Cutting up a big trash can."

"The entire thing? Why?" I asked.

She pointed her scissors over her shoulder and stated, "He's got another one."