43

43:

I can't believe that two months has already passed when Tyrone told me about the birthday party of Lola Elsa.

I had a talk with his mom and the event is already settled. 'Yung venue, 'yung magki-cater ng foods, the invitation and the theme of the party is already planned. Naka-book na nga ang venue, eh.

I sighed as I tapped my fingers on my table, staring at the blueprint in front of me.

It's been two months and there's not a day that passed by that I am not troubled with it. I can't just told him that I am not coming. It's his favorite Lola's birthday and his Lola knows me so well. She treated me like her own grandchild too and I can't just say no to her just like that.

Bakit kasi sa Baguio? That place is a hell for me. Ang daming alaala ro'n na kahit anong gawin ko, hinding-hindi na mabubura sa isip ko at hinding-hindi na maaalis na parte ng pagkatao ko.

"Architect, you're spacing out."

Napatayo ako nang maayos nang magsalita si Architect Fleur sa gilid ko.

"S-Sorry po, Architect."

Bahagya siyang ngumiti. "I was asking if you already started planning for the Bohol project?"

Napaawang ang bibig ko. Hala, 'yung hotel building project do'n! Hindi pa ako nagsisimula, oh my god!

I gulped before answering. "Hindi ko pa po sinisimulan but I already have the concept. Kukuhanin niyo po ba?"

Ngumiti siya, umiiling. "No. I was going to ask you to hold it for a while. Nagkaroon ng problema sa government dahil 'yung tatayuang lupa ay government property pala. Hold it muna for a while and let me replace that project."

Napatango ako at nagpasalamat bago siya umalis sa table ko. Umayos ako ng upo at ini-roll ulit ang blueprint bago inayos ang schedule ng projects ko dahil on hold nga for now ang sa Bohol.

Sayang. It would be a great place for making love with Tyrone.

Nasamid ako sa sariling naisip bago ko tinapik ang pisngi ko.

Puro na lang--argh!

***

The following weeks, I focused more in my job and be as sensitive as other architects are with the details of the building.

I tried hard to forget that in three months, I'll be going to Baguio and will be reminded more of what happened there that gave me nightmares and ruined my life. It took the remaining self-esteem I have and just when I'm starting to feel loved and confident again, fate brought me to this day.

This might be a small thing for other people but how can I go back to that place when everything started there?

"Champagne color suits you, love," he said while we're on a boutique, scanning the brochure to see the gowns.

I pouted. "Why do I need to wear a luxury gown? Hindi naman nila tatanungin do'n kung magkano ang damit ko, Tyrone."

He chuckled before flipping the page. "This is what mom wanted."

I sighed as I look down. "But why does it needs to be in Baguio?"

Naramdaman kong tumingin siya sa akin dahil do'n. I sighed as I flipped the page of the brochure.

"What I mean is, there's a lot of more beautiful places in the Philippines. Why . . . Baguio?"

Tumingin ako sa kan'ya at mabilis na napaiwas ng tingin nang makitang seryoso pa rin ang titig niya.