#9 Damien Brunner

“Oh that’s not good… That’s so not good!” You panicked when you saw the 3 positive pregnancy tests sitting on you bathroom counter.

For a week you had been feeling sick, but you kept brushing it off as just the flew since it was mid flu season. It was your best friend Kalie who actually had convinced you to take the tests. Now staring back at you was one of your worst nightmares.

“(Y/N) How did it go?” Kalie peaked into your bathroom and saw your face. “Oh…”

She opened the door and came in. She leaned against it. “Listen, babe. No matter what I am here. You can totally do this.”

You shook your head. When you were only 6 months old your mother had walked out on you. Leaving you to be raised with and alcoholic, abusive father. For this reason you struggled with being nurturing. You couldn’t imagine yourself having a baby. Especially while not married and at 23.

“What about Damien?” You whispered.

Unfortunately, a baby was not just a big change for you, but a big one for your hockey playing boyfriend, Damien Brunner, as well.

“He doesn’t have much of a choice, (Y/Nick/N).”

You shook from the anticipation. Quickly you fell to your knees and threw up in the toilet. Kalie pulled back your hair. “Hun, he isn’t going to be angry. Just surprised.”

You wiped our lips and rinsed your mouth. “He’ll be home tonight…” You said hoarsely. Kalie rubbed circles on your back as you leaned over the counter.

“It’s the best thing to do.” You nodded and threw away the tests.

A few hours later Damien came home from a win against the San Jose Sharks. He was smiling big when he walked in the door.

“Did you watch?” He asked.

You smiled and gave him a kiss. “I did. I saw that beautiful assist to Salvador too.”

Damien smirked and kissed you a little deeper. You pulled away awkwardly. Usually you guys would “celebrate” after a good nights win, (Especially when he is leaving the next day) but tonight you needed to talk.

“Actually… I have something else to do… It will probably ruin the mood…”

Damien looked confused and worried. “Oh…”

You swallowed your fear. “Damien… I’m pregnant.”

You watched his face go from shock, to confusion, then (your least favorite) to anger.

“What the fuck, (Y/N)! You said you are on the pill!”

You started to cry as soon as his voice raised. “I am! I promise I am!”

He stepped away from you, seething. “This is why I shouldn’t be fucking around with girls like you! You just want to get knocked up so I stick around. Is that it? You want to stay around for money, fame and sex?”

You sobbed harder. “No! Damien I love you!” You yelled back.

He shook his head. “Whatever, (Y/N). Why don’t you get your stuff. I can’t deal with you right now. Go to Kalie’s.”

You threw together a bag and drove to Kalie’s through tears.

All night long you cried and ate ice cream with Kalie. You couldn’t believe how bad Damien had treated you. Around 11 pm Damien called your cell.

“Hello?” You tried to answer without sounding like you had been crying and gorging yourself all night. You failed miserably.

“Babe, I’m really sorry.” You heard that Damien sounded like he had been crying as well, “I tried to lay down and go to sleep. I don’t like sleeping alone. I don’t like the idea of you not here with me. And when I think about the future I can see you in it. Come home.”

You wiped your eyes and looked at Kalie. She looked skeptical, but nodded “Go home, buttercup. Your future awaits.”

You sniffled while getting your stuff. As soon as you walked in the door Damien engulfed you in a hug and pressed you tight. “I am so sorry. I love you so much. I never ever want you to leave again. And as far as the baby goes… I’m already warming up the the idea of a little baby Brunner hockey player.”

You cried again, but this time out of relief. “I love you, Damien. I can’t wait to spend my life with you.”

-Ashley