Mama Tiger

NOTE: This story addresses unchecked and untreated mental illness and what can happen as a result of it. Callie's behavior is a result of this. This is a very delicate matter so please be sensitive to this in your comments. Thank you.

-------------------------

LENA POV

"I think maybe we can save even 100 dollars more a month if we cut that cost. We don't need that much take out, and maybe cut the entertainment budget a bit." I say as Stef and I are going over our budgets which had gotten a little tight since she had to cut her hours at work and got less disability then we expected. It was ok, and we would make it work but I know she is frustrated at the entire thing and herself. "We can cut a few more things too. I don't think it's major."

"This is a fucking pain in the ass Lena. I can work. I can work more hours, then we don't need to cut basically everything that is fun. The kids love the movies, and eating out and...

"Honey, you can't work more hours right now. You can't babe." I rub her hand seeing the aggravation and frustration take over her face one of which I know I can't help her not feel. "You heard the doctor."

"Yeah I fucking heard him. But I also didn't know that the amount I'd get would be shit. No one can live off this. No one. I'd be better off working at McDonald's. The fuck."

"Stef." I soothe as she shakes her head. "Please, calm down ok. Please baby." Stroking her cheek with the back of my hand she looks towards me as I can see the pain in her eyes.

"This, is not what I wanted Lena. To work so hard the last twelve years and for this to happen. For you to be the one that has to pick up my fucking slack because of some high blood pressure shit. Really? If this was 15 years ago I'd make my money another way." She spits out completely annoyed as I glare at her.

"Really Stef? Come on. You are past that and you aren't that person anymore baby."

"Yeah, well at least that person was making money and not leeching off her wife." She laughs awkwardly as I squeeze her hand for this was Stef using humor and poor jokes to mask how she feels. But there is no way I'm letting her get away with that as I straddled her lap and her smile instantly appears.

"I do not feel that way, ever, my love and I have never felt that way. Not one time. So don't you dare. Don't you dare say that because I have seen you bust your ass for this family since we got out. Since before then. You forget what you do and what you did all these years. I know you feel like you are going backwards because of this, and I know you want to work five days, and I know you don't want to collect disability, I know that because it's hard for you to accept that." I gently stroke her cheek as her eyes continue to look into mine tearing some.

"This doesn't make you not strong. You following it does. I know you wanna bring in the money you were but your health will allow us to be together forever. I can't loose you, and I'd work ten jobs to support us if it meant preventing you from n another stroke or heart attack. I'd show a fucking leg." I joke as she busts out laughing at me.

"What?"

"You heard me. I'd get on that pole if I had to."

"Ohhhhh no way Mama!! Not any wife of mine is working at some fucking strip club. The only person seeing them legs and what's between them is me." She flirts cupping my cheek as I grab her hand kissing it.

"You know it. But, I'd do anything. Besides being home with Amelia and Andrew and the new baby coming in a few months, the kids love being with you and Olivia is relieved not to have to put Amelia in day care. I think it brings you calmness. Unless i'm wrong."