Her Behavior

STEF POV

Waking myself up again from another fucking nightmare about Tula shooting herself in the head, I glance at the clock seeing its almost one in the morning. I know Lena is right in the fact that I should go back to therapy for I know the stress of everything is not good for me. It just isn't and I know I can't take on the world like I'm so use to doing all the time especially since I'm nearing 50.

Feeling my wife snuggled on top of me I gently slide out of from underneath her as I cover her up a bit and kiss her soft cheek

I know she is worried about me, and I hate that she is. I really do for it has been my goal from the time I met her to make sure she is happy, content and protected. But, I know that is not realistic all the time as I close the door behind me and check in on all my grandbabies.

Many of these nights when I can't sleep Frankie would be up listening to music or watching a movie since she was always a night owl. Then we would talk and make some popcorn, or watch an old 80's sitcom on Netflicks. It's been more then a month since she left and rather hard, I miss her like nothing else as I glance to my phone and send her a quick text.

Hey my babygirl. I know you're busy with your life but Mama just wanted to say hi sweets

Walking into the kitchen I instantly feel my phone vibrate as I see a message pop up from her and smile wide.

Hi MAMA! Are you up? I know you are. I am too! Mariana goes to bed early so I'm up watching Netflicks. I miss you Ma. I miss you so much :(

I miss you too sweets. You being safe?

Always! Promise Mama. I swear. Are you ok? Another nightmare?

One thing about my daughter I can't ever hide anything from her.

I'm ok my love. Just wanted to check on my sweetness. But don't stay up too late pumpkin. Promise?

I promise Mama. But you either. You check your pressure?"

"Yes honey its ok. I'm taking care myself."

"Just checking. Do you need to talk?"

I smile and shake my head for during the past two years Frankie had been tge one giving me advice. It was rather funny but remarkable for she was so damm smart and intuitive.

We can chat tomorrow my love. But I miss you sweets. Love you babe.

I love you too Mom. Kiss all the babies for me.

I will my girl. Call me tomorrow.

You know I will. Night Ma xoxoxo

Goodnight my love xo

Smiling at her messages her leaving hit me harder then anything, maybe because I feel like I can't protect her anymore, but I never could. Frankie always had her own mind and part of me didn't fully worry as much as I use too. She is strong, she doesn't let anyone push her around and shes wise. Much like me.

Grabbing a mug to make some tea I hear our front door open knowing exactly who it is as I glance over seeing Callie as she stands frozen in the living room.

For the past month its become typical for her to sneak in like this to avoid Lena and I, and even to avoid her own daughter. But, I had stopped interrogating Callie ages ago for it is exhausting.

"Hey long time no see love. Didn't expect to see you come in at this time." I lie dunking my teabag in my mug as she remains by the front door not saying a word still.