Night

LENA POV

"Night, Nana Lion." Little Amelia says as I softly kiss her sweet tiny forehead.  Holding her favorite bear close to her and her Winnie the Pooh blanket both Stef and I enjoy being able to help out with our three grandchildren as much as we can, and with Olivia being pregnant again we were even more excited that we were getting another little addition. They were our absolute joy especially with our kids being gone and living their own lives now, well most of them but they weren't little anymore which was a bitter sweet pill to swallow at times. 

"Goodnight baby. Are you warm enough?"

"Yes." She smiles as she hugs her little bear and I cover her up a bit more. "Where's Yaya, Nana?"

"She will be in a second honey. You know she always tucks you in too." Gently tucking her little curly hair behind her ear Amelia never really said much for her age, but when she did she was asking for Stef like all these babies seemed to do. They just adored my wife and she had always, always been a magnet for these kids from day one. Sure at once point in her life, many moons ago she was the leader of the Lions Den but now she just is, Yaya. And even that warms my heart thinking how far she has come. Not to say she doesn't have her moments, because she definitely does but it is much more rare then when we were first released. 

 "She will be in soon honey so gets some sleep little baby. Ok my love?"

"Ok Nana."  Placing her thumb in her mouth she closes her eyes as I quietly close the door behind me and peeking down the hall I see baby Stef in the recliner reading like she does every night. It is typical for her and Stef to read together for close to an hour each night, while I went over my own things for work. Despite everything going on, and things that seemed to be recycling with Callie in not such a good way again, baby Stef  was making real good progress in school. With her being a year older then everyone in her grade Stef and I weren't sure how she was going to feel or adjust. But she is doing well, she has made new friends and loves the school. 

"Don't stay up too late honey." I say walking over to her and kissing her forehead.

"I won't Mama Lion. One more chapter." She looks up at me with her big reading glasses on as I smile at her. It is still hard to believe she is 15 as she wears her hair very long down to her waste, and most of the time wears Stef's sweatpants or steals one of my sweatshirts, or begs to wear my bracelets and earrings. It does make me laugh considering Callie use to do the same thing.

"Ok sweetheart. Goodnight love and I love you baby."

"I love you too." Kissing the top of her head I walk into our bedroom seeing Stef taking her blood pressure something she has to do throughout the day especially  since she had a scare last year and I had to rush her to the ER. It was very scary for all of us but thankfully she turned out to be ok and was put on different medication. Keeping her stress level down is a must, maintaining a healthy diet and exercising which I try to get her to do as often as possible are also all important. 

Kissing her forehead I take a seat beside her as I hear her machine beep. "All ok?"

"MM 125 over 75." She shakes her head as I grow concerned. " It's been elevated today for whatever reason."

"You ok? You took your medication right?"

"I did yeah babe."

"You ate three meals? You know you can't skip baby."

"I did yeah." She says placing the machine on her night stand as I gently rub her back. "I'll eat something and take it again in a bit. Maybe just tired. But my love," she says turning to face me, "Please, please, please don't worry ok? I don't want you worrying." Smiling she cups my cheek and rubs it with her thumb as I nod my head. "I'm ok sweets. I am."

"And I want you to stay that way. You don't sleep well baby, and you've been having nightmares again. Are they the usual ones about Chowchilla?" I look into her soft hazel eyes as she lets out a sigh. 

"Yeah."

"Baby, why don't you go to the therapy. Grief is not an easy thing no matter who it is or how long it has been. Look, I know Tula's death hurt you bad. I know the situation with Callie is killing you, and Frankie leaving. It's alot honey."

"I'm ok baby. I am sweets." She insists.

"Stef, you aren't ok. I know you babylove, I know you very well and you and I both know what even small amount of stress can do to you. I don't want to loose you to this, so please, please at least think about seeing someone." I push as she looks back into my eyes nodding her head. "I know it's hard for you to open up, but, it's your health baby. And we all need you. I mean you are going to have another grandchild sooon."

"I know love.  Baby Stef still reading?"

"She is yes. I told her one more hour only. Because if she stays up too late she can't get up in the morning."

"Yeah, I know it.  We stopped by Roxy's bakery today. You know to check and see that she has things ready for Mama's party."

"Baby, it's ok if you just stop by to see how she is. You know that's ok right? You don't need a reason. I know you have been working hard on your relationship with her the past few years and it's ok if you want to, you  know bend some restrictions you have with her." I speak as softly as possible as I tuck her shoulder lengh hair behind her ear as she looks in my eyes again. I know the Roxy situation hurt her for years, and at times it still does.

"I'm gonna tuck Andrew and Amelia in ok babe? When I come back maybe we can head to bed a tad early tonight, chat a bit sweetness? Mm?" She strokes my face while saying this as I lean in and softly kiss her lips. God she turned me on still so much but I can see she is tired.

"I'll wait up, babe. I'd love to rest with you."

"You better sweets." She winks heading out but my heart aches for my wife. It does because I know no matter what she takes on the world.