15

As Stef and Lena were making their way back to their home in Sacramento Noah was getting things ready for his first day of community college while Baby Stef was having a complete meltdown with Pete. He was trying hard to help her pick out an outfit for the first day of school but he wasn't having much luck, if any at all. With Callie in treatment all day and Miss Rose busy with Andrew and Amelia he was trying to do his job as a father the best he could. But he had to admit he never had much of a good handle on the girl and with her being a teenager it was even harder.

"Hey what about this shirt and these jeans? They seem kind cool." He says holding it up as Baby Stef looks to him rolling her eyes.

"Definitely not. I have something else I want to wear and I can't find it!"

"Oh. Well,what's wrong with this one?I mean incase you need a backup?" He asks as the girl shakes her head looking for the one top she really wanted to wear. But it was nowhere and she was having a meltdown over it hoping her grandmother would be back soon. "I mean it looks cool and..

"I'm not wearing that! I'm looking for my favorite shirt!"

"Ok well I can help just retrace your steps. And....

"Yaya will help me!" The girl snaps as Pete nods his head looking rather defeated. "So you can leave my room."

"Baby Stef. Don't be rude." They suddenly hear as Callie steps into the doorway frowning at her daughters rude behavior. She noticed over the last few months that Baby Stef had been mouthy especially with her and Pete. It was almost as if they both got on her nerves more then anyone but the girl didn't mean it. She didn't but if she was honest Pete annoyed her more then anyone for she felt he tried so hard to she found it irritating. "Please say sorry."

"Sorrry." She sighs continuing to look for her top as Pete grabs Callie's hand.

"How was your session? Ok?"

"Yeah it was good. The usual. How, how are you?" She asks shyly for Callie was still very embarrassed about her past behavior when she was ill. She really was and her relationship with Pete right now had been on hold for the past two years. Sure he was devastated but still had every intention on marrying Callie when she felt ready. But if he was honest he didn't know when that time would be or if it would ever come. But Pete was holding on and would still do anything for her.

"I'm good. I'll go um help Mama Rose with Andrew and Amelia. Let me know if you need anything."

"Sure." Watching him walk off Callie takes seat on the bed as she watches her daughter continue to look for her shirt. It had been a trying two years and Baby Stef had been very patient but as she was getting older her needs were different and so was her personality.  Callie still struggled to parent her especially now since Stef and Lena were her primary caretakers and really always had been. It was a delicate balance and all three were working hard to create a sense of structure and stability for Baby Stef. In the end however, Stef and Lena still made major decisions in regards to Baby Stef and Andrew. She trusted her Mom's, more then anyone in this world, and she was grateful they were taking care of both of her children.

The situation with Sheila was something Callie was in therapy for as well as Alice. It seemed she had disappeared along with Lou and John for the time being. Mike had been on the case for years but all three were very good at hiding and staying under the radar. That was both troubling and frustrating. Mike however reassured his sister as well as Callie and Alice that he would never give up, that he would peruse her until she was caught and Stef believed him. Even if she wanted to take those matters into her own hands she knew it was best not to for she had left the Lions Den attitude were it belonged, in jail. Mike of course felt guilty for even speaking to Lou years ago for he had hoped she was someone better then she was. 

"So, do you need help looking for your shirt. I can help you." Callie asked looking back at her daughter who sat on the opposite bed combing her long hair. "Or do you want to wear a different one?"

"No. Yaya can help me. Don't you have another meeting or something?"

"Not until later. I'd love to help in the meantime Baby Stef. Or I can come your hair if you like." Callie can only look hopeful at her daughter who stared hard at her. Sometimes the young girl had a hard time relating to her mother and she was often unsure of how she was feeling mentally. It was something Callie never wanted to burden her with but she knew the reality and it was something she would always have to communicate with her daughter.

"I like it a certain way. Nana Lion does it for me."

"I know. And if you hate how I do it, I won't touch it again. I promise sweet girl." Continuing to look hesitant at her mother Baby Stef gets up and sits beside her.  "I know I haven't been able to do alot for you and I know sometimes it's been scary. My behavior that is."

"It's ok." The teen shrugs.

"It's not ok. And I'm sorry Baby Stef." Callie really couldn't help but continue to feel bad and terribly guilty for even if she was getting help there was still a good part of her that was unstable. 

"It's hereditary you know. I googled it." The girl admits as Callie frowns.

"Well, yes but it doesn't mean it will happen to you. But we can be better educated."

"I guess." 

"But if you do start feeling a certain way, or having thoughts that aren't good please tell us. Promise."

"I tell Yaya everything." She says flashing a look at Callie who smiles.

"I know you do and I'm glad you are close to her. It's important to have a relationship like that in your life especially the older you get."

"Yeah."

"But listen I just thought maybe I could help you with your hair a bit.  I just want us to do a few things together. Only if you like. I've been feeling really good lately. And you are so grown up now that it's so hard for be to believe that you are 15."

"Yeah I am." Staring hard at her mother she hands her the brush smiling a bit for even if she was at a hard age she really did love Callie more then the woman knew.

"But sure you can do my hair."

"Thanks honey."