A Bad Choice

STEF POV

As I drive up to the motel that Callie was staying at I knew I shouldn't do this. I knew I shouldn't for Lena had told me to leave it alone, along with my brother, Mama Rose, Rox and Judy. I had even promised my damm self but it was seeming as if I just couldn't fucking help myself for truth was Callie was my daughter. She was and it had been two weeks that the family had been helping her detox and two weeks that I had stayed the fuck out of it.

But I wasn't sure how much longer I could stay the fuck out of it even if I knew my relationship with Callie was, well, not the greatest. As I exit my SUV and head into the lobby of the Holiday Inn this hotel was a far fucking cry from that shitty ass drug motel my daughter had been living in with that shit head. God, I still wanted to rip his fucking throat out and fucking more as I head up the elevator to the third floor and down the hall to room 310.

I knew Lena would be pissed when she found out I came by and I wasn't even sure who was "watching" Callie right now. But, I needed to see how she was doing with my own fucking eyes as I quietly knock on the door.

Waiting a few moments I hear the door unlock on the other end as Mike opens it and sighs as I see Judy at the table as he steps out and closes the door behind him. I already see the damm look on his face as I lean on my cane and he shakes his head once again.

"Stef, you know you can't here here."

"I just wanted to fucking check on her ok? That's all. I mean is it a fucking crime to wanna check on my daughter?" I say as she rubs his forehead.

"Lena know you here?" He asks as I look to the ground and back into his eyes as he shakes his head again. "I guess that's a no."

"Mike, I just wanna see how the fuck she is. Ok? That's fucking all. I'll say hi and then I'll leave."

"Your wife is gonna kick my ass."

"You can blame me.Because you know I'm not leaving unless I can say hi. So you might as well just fucking let me in."

"Yeah, I know it." As he opens the door I walk past him as I see Callie on the couch reading noticing how much bigger her had gotten. Her hair is not the matted mess it once was, even if I hate that she died it blonde,and she looks as if she got some of her color back. Part of me would love to hug her, it really would but it wouldn't do either of us any favors.

"Got a visitor Cal." Mike says as she looks up from her book and stares right into my eyes. Not with hate but with confusion as I walk over to her and take a seat.

"Hey Cal. Just was in the neighborhood and wanted to say hi."

"Hi." She whispers as I look at Judy who smiles softly at me and I return it as her and Mike head into the other room.

"I um dropped off some books that I read, I know how much you like reading so I figured you might want some more."

"Thanks." She says taking the books and placing them on the table in front of her as her eyes fail to look into mine. I can feel the usual tension in the room continue to grow for this was who me and Callie were now and had been for the past almost five years.

"So, how are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Thats good. I just wanted to check on you babe." Her eyes now look into mine as if she doesn't believe me. "I do care about you Cal. Very much so, and all we want is for you to be ok."

"So your idea of caring is to stick me in another hotel with like 24/7 guards. Like I'm in Chow again. That's your idea?"

"Cal, it's not like Chow. Far from it. You asked for our help and.....

"No! I didn't." She turns to me cutting me off and if anything pissed me off more it was that." I asked to stay at home, to go back home. And you couldn't even tell me no. You had to have Lena tell me who is like the Big Bad Wolf now. I had respected you more if you just were honest and not such a coward."

"Ha." I laugh and shake my head for Jesus did I want to smack the shit out of her for where in the fuck did she get off.

"I think you need to rework how the fuck you talk to me Callie. I have no fucking issue looking you right in your smug face and telling you, NO. No, you can't come home. It's not your home, you are not welcome there. It's not good for you to be there and you wanna talk abotu someone being a coward..You..

"Yeah. YOUR daughter. Baby Stef she's the reason I can't go over there. Just like why did you even come? Why? Just leave. Like I hate seeing you. I know you only checked on me because I'm pregnant."

"Do you even know me at all? Huh? That's not true Callie."

"Sure it is. The minute I give birth you will take her and forget about me. Because that's what you do MOM."

"Really? That's what I do? What in the fuck does that even more?" I feel myself growing angry as she looks at me narrowing her eyes.

"You're like the worst. Like why I ever wanted you to adopt me I don't know. You and Lena." She spits out as I grab my cane and stand up looking right at her as she looks at me.

"You are the most ungrateful little shit that I ever met. And since you don't want our help then go. Make it on your fuckin' own and go back to that piece of shit your engaged to so he can kick your ass again and you can get fucked up again!

"Oh like you didn't get your ass kicked MOM! By Frankie's father who you couldn't even handle yourself. You had have your son do it." She spits out as feel so much rage in me as she continues to stare hard at me and fuck to I want to knock her ass out as I step closer to her as she remains seated.

"If you weren't pregnant I'd throw you down the fucking balcony along with that shit face you call a man! How dare you! How fucking dare you!"

"God you're such a bitch!" She yells.

"Lets go." I feel Mike grab my arm for I didn't know when he came back in the room but all I see is red. I see nothing but red as he forces me out the room and into the hall for he knows I will break this girl apart with my bare hands. He just now its as I know I made a mistake coming here and made things harder for Lena. Much harder.