The Next Day

LENA POV 

As I brew my morning cup of coffee and listen to the chatter of my kids their voices were warm and soothing compared to the hectic reality we faced last night. I had hoped Thanksgiving night would be nice just as the day had been but that unfortunately had not the case.

With Callies claims that Mike raped her and beat her up it only put a bigger wedge between us and her. We knew the claims were false, we knew they had no merit, and sadly it seemed she really had no intention of ever getting better. To us it seemed she and that fiance of hers just had it out to continue to destroy this family. A family she once loved.

Sadly I knew Callie wanted to hurt Stef and this was  how she was doing. I was guessing it was about baby Stef and us making plans to take in her unborn baby. Wilson was right in the fact that it could get ugly because in reality it was. Shockingly enough she refused a rape kit and ended up going off with Chuckie again.

Getting home rather late last night we refrained from telling any of the kids what happened especially baby Stef. We just didn't want her to feel as if any part of this was somehow her fault. None, so we kept our lips sealed and made sure Pete also stayed out of this as well.

"Mama Lion! They have those shoes you want on sale. We can pick them up!" Frankie says as the kids were making plans to go shopping today with Mama Rose along with Peaches, Tracey and Roxy. I knew Stef hated shopping, especially on black friday, so the two of us usually stayed behind and cuddled together on the couch watching TV, or we would meet them after and go for hot chocolate and get our Christmas tree at the fair. It was a tradition we tried to keep up ever since we got together and out of Chow. Regardless of what was happening we tried.

"Oh no babylove. You know I don't do the mall." I say walking over to the table and taking a seat with my kids. "I can give you money for them and you can get them for me." I smile as Frankie takes a sip of her own coffee with Baby Stef sitting in her lap. These two were always closes and we knew she was so excited about having Frankie home.

"How come you and Yaya hate the mall Nana Lion?"

"Ah too crowded for us. Plus your Yaya does not like all that craziness." I smile as she bites into her waffle and Stef walks in looking rather fried. I knew she would try to hide her feelings about last night as she kisses Frankie and Baby Stef  on their foreheads.

"Your Nana Lion and I would rather pick out the tree while you babies spend your money." She teases as she plants a kiss on my lips. "Where is Noah?"

"Sleeping his life away still." Frankie teases as my wife rolls her eyes and takes a seat beside me stealing Frankies coffee. 

"Big shock. So what time you babies going?" Stef asks as she smiles at me and I take another waffle.

"In about an hour. Nana Rose is picking us up. Mariana is coming over soon and we will meet Peaches there and Trac. Olivia wanted to come, but being on bed rest we said we would look around for things for her and the baby." Frankie takes a bite of her pancakes as Stef and I both smile at her.

"Yeah, I know she hates missing out on things. But there's next year. Maybe we should bring her over here Len?" Stef says to me as I turn to her and smile. "I planned on picking her up later along with Amelia but maybe earlier after we get the tree?"

"Fine by me honey." Winking at me I grab her hand rubbing it as I can see she tries to hide the sadness from last night. We both were. "Why don't you go get ready Baby Stef. Just so you don't need to rush baby."

"Ok Nana Lion." Getting up from Frankie's lap she hugs both me and my wife and heads into her room as Stef takes another sip of coffee and I can see our daughter look right at her.

"Is uncle Mike ok?" Frankie whispers as we both look at her. "Mariana texted me Mama's. Callie starting bullshit again." Grabbing Stef's hand again she clears her throat as Frankie moves closer to her. We had to remember how things traveled like wildfire in this family. Especially things we didn't want to. 

"Honey, we really don't want Baby Stef to know." I whisper. "She's been through enough."

"I know. And I don't plan on saying anything. None of us do. We all know. Mari, Trac, Noah. Mari was over Judys last night and she saw Mike come home. And we know that shit's not true. SHe's just fucking crazy and maybe I should stay here."

"No. Absolutely not." Stef buts in. "You my dear are to go back to school where you belong. Mama Lion and I will take care of this. Of everything and you continue YOUR life. This is not your battle."

"But you're my family and I love you both and all of you. I'm tired of her destroying us like this. Look, I get she's my sister by some piece of paper, but she's toxic for all of us. Especially you Mama and Baby Stef. Is it worth it?"

"We know all that honey it's just not that simple to give up on your kid." I say as Stef looks down and I rub her hand. "I mean your Mama and I are very devoted to all of you. And if any of you were in this kind of mess we can't just desert you."

"I get that but there's only so much we can all take.  She's trying to destroy uncle Mike's reputation and yours. When do you draw the line?" She continues to whisper as Stef looks at me and my face grows worried. "But, I know it's not that easy. But just know that you guys aren't any of that shit she calls you, and I'm here if you need."

"We know baby. But go on get ready so you and Baby Stef aren't late for Nana Rose."

"Ok. I love you both."

"We love you too sweets." Stef winks as Frankie leans in hugging both of us and heads into her old room. My wife takes another sip of coffee as she turns to me letting out a heavy sigh. "She's not wrong, I mean when do we draw the line Len? How much more does she have to do? You know when we take that baby, she's gonna, I think she's gonna come after us. And I mean violently." Her voice gets lower as her it cracks on the last word and I rub my forehead. "You can tell me I'm wrong."

"No, I don't think you are wrong."

"Her and that boyfriend of hers are dangerous Len. More than I realized, but I will do everything in my power to protect this family and my grandchild. She forgets that. I would take bullet for any of them."

"Stef, don't say stuff like that."

"Well, I would't be surprised if it came to that Len. I wouldn't." She says so believably that it makes my stomach turn.