Hard News

STEF POV

"Hey love how you doing?" I smile at Pete, who I considered to be my son in law even if him and Callie had never married, as Lena and I walk into his small home. Kissing the both of us on the cheek we  know that the last few years have not only been hard for us but we are fully well aware that Pete has been devastated by Callie's behavior, her drug addiction and her illness that destroyed their relationship. Many times he had gotten drunk over it, which I told him to get help instantly for Andrew needed him. He needed him big time and so did Baby Stef.

"I'm good Mama Stef. Hi Mama Lena, come in please."

"Sure sweets. The place looks beautiful." I say as I grab Lena's hand feeling a tad unsteady today.

"You got it babe?" She whispers as I nod my head and we take a seat on his soft comfortable couch. We also noticed he has decorated his place even more as pictures and paintings line the walls as I smile seeing my grand babies toys in the corner.

"Pete, it's the first time I've seen you in normal clothes in weeks babe." I smile at him as he takes a seat across from us.

"Oh I know, I really appreciate you both looking after Andrew so much. I'm just putting in so many hours of overtime to get him things and pay off the house."

"Nonsense. You know we love having him babe, and please tells me if you need something for him, yes?" I look into his soft brown eyes as he smiles back at me. Andrew had his smile but he had Callie's eyes.

"You do enough. Both of you and I can't ever pay either of back. He loves being over there with guys and his cousins. It's been good for him especially with Callie disappearing all his life."

"We love him too sweetheart, and again if you need anything else you let me and Mom know." Lena smiles as I feel her squeeze my hand.

"Can I get you anything? Coffee, tea? I know you like tea Mama Lion."

"I would love some baby." She says continuing to squeeze my hand as I squeeze it back. Truth was I was feeling anxious as fuck about what we needed to tell Pete. As if he wasn't already fucking devastated enough about Callie and now we would need to tell him even more shit, shit I didn't even want to believe my damm ass self.

"Coming right up. Mama Stef? Tea?" He asks getting up and heading into the kitchen.

"Just water sweets."

"You got it."

"The place looks beautiful Pete. It's so nice. It seems you did alot with it since the last time we came over." Lena says as I grab one of the photos of Andrew with Callie off the table smiling at it as Pete walks back in taking a seat and setting the drinks down.

"Oh thanks Mama Lena. I wanted to make it more homey and everything, and cozy. You know a nice place for Andrew. Not that your place isn't nice I mean...

"Pete." I say placing my hand on his knee that is shaking for even after all these years he still had a tendency to think the worst and was a ball of nervous energy. Regardless he was very sweet and a wonderful father to Andrew, and would have been a wonderful husband for Callie. "Relax honey we know what you meant."

He nods his head as he looks rather nervous at the both of us almost knowing why we are here. "Is it bad news you came to tell me right? I mean about Callie." He says as I look at Lena and who thankfully takes over the conversation for she knows I just can't right this second and that I need her to start. 

"Honey, it is about Callie. And there are a few things that, well, that we feel you should know."

"Ok, like, like what Mama Lena?" He asks as I look down and I continue to feel Lena's hand in mine and Pete's nervous energy which is increasing by the minute. "I haven't spoken to her, well, she doesn't have her phone anymore. And well I know she's staying with Tracey."

"No, she's not staying with her anymore honey."

"Ok, then where is she...did she move back in with you?" 

"Oh definitely not." I laugh awkwardly as Lena flashes me a look.

"Ok, then, then where is Moms?" He voice grows even more nervous as I clear my throat and Lena continues.

"Pete she's completely off her medication and well she's pregnant."

"Pregnant? But Callie and I haven't had sex in...in months." He says as Lena and I look at each other and I look back at Pete grabbing his hand. "I mean she, she wouldn't let me near her, and well it was hard for me to be intimate with her so...so she's, she's doing what she was doing before?"

"It's ok. We know babe." I say. "Um, she's engaged to some guy she's living in a motel." It is then his face goes white as I lean in more to him squeezing his hand even harder.

"What? She....who is this guy? Who is he?"

"We don't know who he is. He's not good person that's for sure. Jude met her a few times for lunch and she showed him her sonogram and that she's marrying this guy."

"I'll fucking kill him!! I will!!" He screams standing up as I get up myself as well as Lena grabbing his hand again. "She sick and some creep is taking advantage of her! Why does she want this! Why! I don't get it." I can see tears spring into his eyes as I step closer to him.

"Baby, listen to me, ok? Listen..." I cup his cheek as I can see he is fucking destroyed. "You listening..Mm?"

"Yes. Yes, I am."

"Ok, I know this is hard to comprehend. Any of it, and we don't know why she won't remain on her meds or anything. We don't know why love and it's been a hard four years. But, Andrew is your main focus. Ok? You aren't obligated to save Callie, you aren't, because that shit will destroy you and take over your life. Andrew is only little one time. One time, so I want you to let Callie go."

"Mom, I can't..I...

"You can. If I didn't love you Pete I wouldn't tell you this. I wouldn't. Take care of my grandson, and I want you to find someone else. Someone that is stable, someone that loves your son, and someone that brings out the best in you. Callie is very sick, Callie is an addict, she unpredictable and she will drain you dry.  She has fucked practically the entire west coast so I would not be intmate with her. We have no idea who the father is. And,  she showed up at Baby Stef's school with this guy."

"What? He is she ok? I mean she's a tough girl but...

"She's fine. But we don' put it past her to show up at Andrews school." I say as he rubs his forehead taking a seat as Lena and I both do as well. "She told Jude she wants to move to Florida and take her new baby and Andrew and maybe baby Stef with her."

"That's not happening."

"You damm straight its not."

"Pete, Callie is not in her right mind. She's very erratic so we don't put it past her. Mike and Jude know as well, so we notified baby Stef's school that Callie is not to pick her up."

"I'll do the same. And if I have to change his school." He puts his head down as Lena and I grab both his hands seeing the pain all over his face. 

"Love, we are a family ok? And Mama Lion and I are doing everything we can think of to help Callie, and this new baby. But, I don't want you going after this guy, I want you to leave it alone. Promise me." I say as he looks into my eyes nodding his head.

"Ok Mom."

------

Who thinks Pete will try to find this guy Callie is with?