Chapter 12

It was two sunrises after Crookednose's death. Ravenpaw padded over to his sister, Foxpaw. Who was scuffling with moss alone. Foxpaw stared up and Ravenpaw, eyes questioning.

"Foxpaw we need to leave camp." Ravenpaw hissed into her ear.

"What now? What do you need to tell me?"

Ravenpaw growled. "No! As in leave CloudClan territory and return to CliffClan!"

Foxpaw stared at him. Wide-eyed. Ravenpaw felt his fur prick with uneasiness.

"I don't—"

"Have you grown to like these squirrel-chasers?" Ravenpaw growled.

"No! Nothing like that!" Foxpaw exclaimed.

Ravenpaw hissed in her ear. "Then tonight, we shall leave."

Ravenpaw felt uncertainty prick his pelt. Fernleaf's breathing was nice and steady, she was sleeping. He wearily crept out the den, legs stiff. Ravenpaw padded over to the apprentices' den, his sister sleeping inside, tail tucked under her nose. Ravenpaw crept in, he hoped he wouldn't wake up the other cats! Ravenpaw prodded Foxpaw sharply. Foxpaw leaped up.

"Shhh!" Ravenpaw growled, he flicked his tail, leading her out.

Foxpaw scampered behind him, panting once they reached outside. Foxpaw growled.

"I was dreaming of catching an infinite amount of mice!"

Ravenpaw gave her a cold glare with his blind eyes. He led Foxpaw to the dirt place tunnel. Foxpaw sniffed inside the tunnel, eyes round.

"We're going through there?" She wrinkled her pink nose.

"Well I don't suggest going through the entrance unless getting caught." Ravenpaw snapped.

Foxpaw turned around, Ravenpaw's heart raced as his sister stomped away. He chased after her, only to find himself behind the nursery walls and a small hole in between the tangled brambles.

"There's a hole we can escape through there, daft furball." His sister growled.

Ravenpaw pushed inside, ignoring his sister's snap. He scrambled out, the thorns snagging his short pelt. Ignoring them, he leaped out, the forest scents covering his nostrils.

Foxpaw raced after him, flicking thorns off her pelt. She winced and stopped for a while.

"Come on!—"

"Hold on there's a thorn on my pad! It's just too dark to see. . ."

Ravenpaw pressed his paw on his sister's pad. He moved it around until he felt the thorn's sharp edge, he leaned closer and pulled it out. No scent of blood.

"It was just in skin." Ravenpaw muttered. "You'll live."

They reached CliffClan's border, Foxpaw bounded across in the long grass until it pooled away into the moor, Ravenpaw following behind. He panicked when he felt dips in the ground, making him almost trip. Foxpaw pushed against him, sending them flying in the moor in a tussle of tails and paws.

"Watch it!" Ravenpaw spat, scampering to his paws.

Foxpaw rolled onto her paws. She scoffed but continued walking. They soon reached the camp, Ravenpaw brushed his muzzle against the gorse. He purred. Ravenpaw scrambled inside, behind Foxpaw. He hoped CliffClan would take them back.

"Who are you?" A voice yowled.

Ravenpaw lifted his head. "Ravenpaw and Foxpaw of CliffClan."