Chapter 30

"How could she say things like that!" Hollowstep hissed quietly, the three kits wrapped to sleep at her belly.

"I don't know." He mewed. This was all his mate spoke about.

Hollowstep pricked the ground, furiously.

"Why don't you get rest?" he mewed softly.

"But we must teach Stripekit to believe!" Hollowstep protested.

Ravenflight blinked. "She's not awake, is she?"

Hollowstep hesitated, but then let out a short nod of understandment. Ravenflight backed out the den. Almost knocking into Snakepaw, the young tom squealed and raced away. What's he doing awake? Ravenflight blinked, the moon glowed above them. Ravenflight yawned, he straightened up and padded out the mountain.

The stoney ground was hard and moist. He shivered as a cold gust of air flew by. Ravenflight crept inside the den, ready to curl inside until Featherstar called him.

Featherstar was hunched outside the den, his green eyes glowing in the vast darkness. Ravenflight nodded to him, and sat in front of him, his paws tucked under his chest.

"Ravenflight. I want you to teach your kits about Foxclaw. I want them to know that she was a great cat. And I wish they could meet her," more silently, he added. "I wish they had. But I want you to speak about her to your kits. And make them know her, and her legacy."

Ravenflight blinked. "I will, Featherstar. My kits shall know about her."

Featherstar purred graciously at him. "Now. Get your rest. We have much more to do tomorrow."

Ravenflight padded back into the camp, he wrapped himself around the moss bedding. His eyes glowing in the darkness. We do have much more to do, and StarClan knows what awaits us.