On the Road. Chapter 23

"Thank you." Keir said, pocketing the lock of hair. "That was very humane of you."

"Well, sometimes I’m a little too human for my own good." He gave me a weak smile and I returned it. Anyone else wouldn't understand his comment but I did. After being a soulless monster, being called humane was huge compliment.

We sat in silent understanding for a moment then he grimaced and swore softly.

"We are going to have to move. If that Strigoi worked for Isaiah, he will send more tonight when that Strigoi doesn't return."

"I thought the same." I said. "I have a car outside."

Keir arched a eyebrow at me but didn't question how I came into procession of the jeep. Thank God, I really didn't want to explain the whole Beau thing.

"Get your things together. We should leave within the next ten minutes. And contact your friend, he might come in use." He instructed while pulling on his jacket.

I watch in oar as he kept moving, through the kitchen, through the living room and into the bedroom stuffing discarded clothing and other items back into his duffel. His expression was purposeful not the lost one he was wearing not to long ago.

I followed suit and removed any evidence that we had every occupied the farm house while calling out Christian's name. After my third call, I lost my patience.

"For fuck sake, CHRISTIAN!"

"Yes, I hear you. Jesus, do you think I’m deaf? What’s up?" He moaned, appearing next to me.

"Where the hell have you been?" I know exactly where, he's been stood outside St.Vlad gates. "I've been calling for you."

"I'm not at your beck and call 24/7, Rose."

"Really? I thought I was the only one who can communicate with you?" I could see my words practically slap him. Stop being a bitch Rose. "The shit has hit the fan."

"What’s the matter?" He asked not acknowledging my dig.

"We’re leaving. Now. Keir has been attacked by a Strigoi." I said, shouldering my bag. "He might of been one of Isaiah's."

"Where are you going to go?" He asked following me to the front door.

"I dunno, I was hoping you might have some ideas." Keir joined us, carrying a bag under each arm.

"He looks better." Christian stated looking shocked. "Doesn't seem as self loathing anymore, more determined."

"It a new development." I said to Christian and then turned to Keir. "Ready?"

"Yes." Keir gave me a funny look and gazed to the left of me. "Hello Christian."

"I'm a little to the right Keir." Christian snorted.

"He says hi too. Shall we go?" I opened the door before either of them answered.

I unlock the jeep and stuff my bag into the rear seat, Keir doing the same.

Christian let out a low whistle. "Wow Rose. Have you been playing GTA in real life?"

"I didn't steal it Christian, it was gifted to me." I flipped my hair over my shoulder and slammed the drivers door.

"Sure you where." Christian grinned and floated through the passenger door and hovered over the back seat.

The moment Keir buckled his seatbelt, I was speeding down the farmhouse road.

"Any ideas where we should go?" I ask after driving south for twenty minutes.

"I have a idea but I don't think you will like it." Christian said quietly.