Dangerous Promises. Chapter 6

Rose's POV

I can't believe what just happened! So much for self control. Our breathing was still very hot and jagged. Dimitri  pulled out of me only to slump above me. His body weight pinning me against the vent, but I didn't mind. His heat combined with the vent's air, I felt happy and warm.

Dimitri leaned forward, kissing my forehead before resting his against mine, not saying a single word. Trying to control my breathing I mentally examined myself. My body hurt...yet at the same time, it felt amazing, blissful and content. I wished I'd been doing this a long time ago, but I also knew it would of only of happen with him. Dimitri. My Comrade.

Our breathing was now more controlled, I lifted my head to gaze into his warm brown eyes. He kissed my forehead again and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I love you, Roza." He paused to kiss my lips. "I'll always be here for you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

The words were wonderful and dangerous. He shouldn't have said anything like that to me. He shouldn't have been promising he'd protect me, not when he was supposed to dedicate his life to protecting Moroi like Lissa. Or Tasha.

Tasha? Oh God! Did he just cheat on Tasha with me?

My emotions are all over the place. Is he promising to stay? Or is he still going to take Tasha up on her offer?

Chill out, Hathaway! The man just worshiped your body, claiming it for his own. Then declared his love for you and promising to always protect you. He doesn't sound like he is about to run off with another women.

"And I won't let anything happen to you," I promised. "I love you too." He kissed me again, swallowing off any other words I might have added and washing away my silly worries.

Shifting his body slightly, he was now taking the bulk of his weight on his forearms. Smiling down at me and kissing my face lovingly.

We lay together for a while, my arms wrapped around his neck, neither us saying much. I could have stayed that way forever, but finally Dimitri signed and I we knew we had to go. Dimitri was on shift, the other Guardians would eventually come looking for him if he is missed for to long. Besides, if we are found like this, things would almost certainly get ugly.

So he pulled away and we straighted our clothes. Dimitri grinned down at me as he pulled on his duster. He reached out and brushed the fallen snow from my hair, then stroking the back of his knuckles down my cheek. We held hands, knowing we could only do so for a few brief moments as we walked over to the door. Once we were through that door, we'd have to go back to business as usual. Standing in front of it, with his fingers resting on the handle Dimitri turned to me, rewarding me with one more moment of care free happiness.

The moment was almost ruined as questions started to spin in my mind again. Where do we go from here?

Dimitri seemed to have heard my internal question. He lifted our linked fingers and kissed the back of my hand.

"We have to act like nothing has happened Roza." He said quietly, gazing straight into my eyes. "But don't think for one minute I don't love you. As soon you Graduate, we can let everyone know that I'm yours and you are mine."

"So your not going to take Tasha up on her offer." I voiced my biggest fear, trying to pass it off as a joke.

He chuckled and placed another kiss on my lips. "I will tell Tasha no." He kissed me again. "I'm not the sort to sleep with a women and then run off with another."

My heart skipped a beat. He is truly staying. For me.

"What, and I am?" I joked. "But then again your my only, so we shall see." I added giving him a naughty wink and my man eater smile.