The Ball. Chapter 4

Rose's POV

"Sweet Jesus, what is this hell?" I groan, pulling a pillow over my head.

"Hahahaha. It's called a hangover my dear." I heard a smooth voice laugh next to me. "That's what you get for trying to keep up with the big boys."

Peeking over the pillow, I saw a blurry Adrian sat up against the head board next to me.

"Why are you in my bed?"

"I'm not. You're in my bed." He grinned.

I sat up, looking around the room when a string of profanities escaped my lips. How did I end up here?

"Don't worry Little Dhampir, no one knows your here and you slept in this bed alone last night."

"I did?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes." He chuckled. "Around 2 you said you had enough and wanted to go to bed. Lissa and Christian were getting it on in your room so I gave you the keys to mine."

"Oh." I said, memories of last night coming back to me. "And you went off with Katherine Voda, a Royal Moroi in my year?"

"I did. I spent a couple of relaxing hours in her room." He smirked. "I got back twenty minutes ago. I was going to wake you up at 1."

"What time is it now?" I asked literally having no sense of time.

"Ten to one." He laughed, sliding down the bed and rolling on his side to face me. "So? How much do you remember?"

"Not alot. After we finished eating here, we had a few cocktails at the ice bar and checked out the diamond nightclub. I get a little fuzzy around the karaoke bar."

"Yep. You particularly rocked the song Savage but I think our duet dusk to dawn was the best one."

I groaned loudly, pulling the pillow back over my face. Even though I know I have a great voice, I hate singing in front of people.

"Shoot me now." I wail.

"I haven't even told you the best bit yet." Adrien chucked, peeling the pillow away from me in glee.

"Oh god! What?" I asked, not really wanting to know.

"Well a certain group of four arrived at the karaoke bar and sat opposite us." He began. Yup. Really don't like where this is going. "You decided to sing them a song in their honour." Oh, no. The memory is coming back to me.

"What the fuck are they doing here?" I hissed over my beer. "Why don't they fuck off and have their family time elsewhere?"

"I agree. What Dimitri did was a dick move." Adrian said, as I nodded heavily in agreement. "Plus, who in their right mind would pick a elderly, flat arse, flat chested, scar face over you?!"

I let out a roar of laughter and chinked my beer bottle to his whiskey glass. I felt a pair of eyes slide over me, instinctively, I turned to meet them. I was locked with a set of warm brown eyes. Dimitri may look impassive, but I could see a hint of jealousy in the back of his eyes.

'Rose!' I heard through the bond. Pulling my eyes from Dimitri's and meet the greens ones that belonged to Lissa.

'I am having such a wonderful night. I hope you are too.'  I smiled and nodded. 'I wanted to quickly ask you, Christian doesn't want to come to the Ball with me tomorrow night. I was hoping you will come with me instead. Please, please, pretty please?'

I lifted my beer and nodded once, to signal I would go.

'Yay! Love you Rose.'

I must be drunk if I agreed to go to a snotty Moroi Ball with Princess Lissa. Good God, I need a stronger drink.