Something in common. Chapter 2

"So, do you have any plans for today?"  Lissa asked me, as we walked over to joined Christian at a empty breakfast table.

"Nothing solid at the moment." I replied shoving a croissant into my mouth. "Eddie is going skiing with Meredith so I might invite Mason to do something, seeing that he is still banned from the slopes."

"Well I was going to invite you to go shopping with me to get a new dress for tonight, but don't worry about it if you have a hot date with Mason!" She giggled sitting next to Christian.

"Lissa give it up! Nothing is going to happen between me and Mason." I groaned.

"But you would make such a cute couple. Don't you want a boyfriend?" She asked perplexed.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind one, but I don't need one." I shrugged.

"But.."

"Lissa, leave her alone." Christian interrupted her. "Why don't you invite Camille to go shopping instead?"

I shot Sparky a grateful nod, who slyly lifted a eyebrow in response, the whole thing unnoticed by Lissa.

After breakfast Lissa and Christian went back to our room for some 'alone time' together while I headed to Masons and Eddie's room.

As I rounded the corner of the corridor they are staying in, I saw Eddie, Mason and Meredith hovering outside their room.

"Sure I'll take Angela ice skating."

"Thanks Mason. She hates skiing and I feel bad leaving her behind." Meredith thanked him.

Backing out of the corridor I turned around and headed somewhere else. I don't want to interrupt them, I could see a set up when I saw one. I have been subjected to many of them by Lissa over the years. Plus, I knew as soon as I showed up, he will drop all his plans and I don't want to keep leaving him on. I want him to find someone and be happy. 

With nowhere else to go in particular, I wondered back down to the lounge trying to think of something I could do. I had thought about going to the gym but I know Dimitri might be there and after last night I don't want to face him. Maybe I'm being a bit of a coward.

Wandering up to the bar, I ordered a hot chocolate with extra cream and marshmallows and decided to sit in the window and people watch.

"Hello, Little Dhampir." Adrian smirked when he saw me jump a little.

"Why do you keep doing that! You just appear from nowhere." I moaned at him, taking a sip of my hot chocolate being careful not to leave a cream moustache in its wake.

"I guess it's just a talent of mine." He chuckled sitting on to chair besides me, placing a tumbler of some sort of liquor on the table. "I want to talk to you. I feel like we have a lot in common."

"If you're trying to pick me up again I will tell you now not to bother." I warned him.

"Why not? You are single aren't you?" He smirked. "I heard you like to play the field."

"And I heard you sleep with the entire field." I snapped back. Lissa had fill me in on Adrian very colourful and very public love life last night.

He laughed. He had a nice laugh, rich and almost melodious. It made me think of warm caramel, dripping from a spoon. "Handy, huh? Each of our reputations precedes us."

I shook my head. "You don't know anything about me and I don't know anything about you."

"Want to?" he asked tauntingly.

"Sorry. I'm not into older guys."

"I'm twenty-one. Not that much older."

"Well, I'm kinda seeing someone." It was a lie but I hoped Adrian would leave me alone if he thought I was taken.