Plan Survival. Chapter 13

Rose's POV

Shit! Shit shit shit. I dropped Elena's arm as panic flooded through my body. Wiping off the residue blood from my lips, I slowly stood not taking  my eyes of Keir as he strolled further into the room.

"Why are you drinking from a dead Strigoi?" He asked examining the behead body that lay at my feet.

I needed to think of a believable lie and I need to think of one fast.

"And don't lie to me." He hissed, pointing a finger at me still looking down at Elena. The threat not lost in his words. He could easily kill me and we both knew it.

"I was hungry." I replied firmly. It wasn't a lie like he requested but it wasn't the full truth either.

He gracefully squatted and ran a finger across Elena's bloody wrist, over the puncture wounds left from my bite. Rubbing the blood between thumb and fingers he let out a little chuckle. Bringing his fingers to his nose he inhaled deeply. His impassive face not giving away his thoughts.

"So you decided that Strigoi blood was appealing?"

"I'm starving." I countered, avoiding his question. "Blood is blood."

Rubbing his fingers clean in Elena's shirt he stood and finally met my eyes.

"Ahhh yes. I remember the burning hunger after I was awakened." He sighed softly, almost like he was recalling a fond memory.

"The hunger burns." I agreed with complete honesty.

"Don't worry little one." He purred as he reached out to tuck a stand of my hair behind my ear. "The burning become easier to manage over time, I barely even feel it anymore."

Pulling his hand away from my ear, he slowly brushed my chin with his thumb. Fear had me rooted to the spot, my eyes being the only moving part of my body. But when he drop his hand to caress my neck and then my chest, I truly understood the danger I was in.

Tracing the outline of my ribcage he gave me a cruel smile. "But no matter how hungry I have felt, not once have I feed from a fellow Strigoi."

"Maybe you should try it sometime." I snapped back, my fear bringing out my Hathaway sass. "Trying new things will help you live longer."

"I don't think I will." He disagreed. "You see the smell of Strigoi blood to me and all real Strigoi is revolting. The stench of death repels us from feeding from one another."

My silent heart dropped to my stomach. He knows. He knows I'm different.

"So I ask again why are you drinking from a dead Strigoi?" He whispered, stepping closer.

There is no hiding from his question this time. The way his lips had a slight curve of a smile made me think this wasn't the first time he had seen a Strigoi do this. His smile and a knowing look in his eye made me realise I had a choice to make. Lie and die instantly or tell the truth and die a little later.

I decided I might as well play for more time on the feeble chance I might be able to escape. Once the decision was made I slyly shifted my stance into a defensive one.

"I fed from her because I wanted to." I declared boldly. "Her blood called to me."

"And how did she taste?" He asked tilting his head to the side and searching my face.

"Like heaven." I also whimper, my voice heavy with desire.

"Ahhhhh adowedshay oneyay."

I had no idea what he was saying to me but his words sounded like they belonged to a forgotten language.

"It's been hundreds of years since I met Adowedshay." He affirmed as he walked around me, eyeing every inch of my body.