23)"You igh?"

Tupac

"I'm sorry if I interrupted you guys." Adrienne says, walking over to my desk and sitting in the chair in front of it.

"I didn't know-"

"Its igh, she wasn't talking about shit anyway,
Why you here? I thought you'd need some time alone after last night." I say, sitting down in front of her and opening my check book.

"You were gone when I woke up, just wanted to make sure you were okay." She says, resting her elbow on the desk and her chin in her hand.

"I'm igh, you?"

Adrienne just nods. "I was thinking about buying a house." She says, "My apartment is starting to feel kinda small, especially since you come over alot. And I'm sure you wouldn't mind having extra space."

"Where at?" I ask, but she shrugs.

"I don't know, I haven't started looking yet and I'm not really sure how to go about it ya know." Dri's tone is still soft and careful with me, I miss her vibrant and loud self, but I get it. And I'll wait as long as it takes for us to be normal again.

"Well. If it's more space that you need.. you could move in with me, just until you find a place." I suggest, she looks at me, her brown eyes hidden behind thick lashes.

"You sure? I know you probably like having alone time-"

"Nah I don't mind at all.. It'll be nice to have somebody in the house."

"Okay.. well. Friday?" She asks, "I have a few things to do this week so It'll work best for me."

"Whenever you're ready is igh." I say, writing her check and ripping it from the book. I try to hand it to her by she waves it away.

"I didn't even work last week.. just keep it."

"Nah, it's yours.."

Our eyes meet, she has a small smile on her face. And I can't help but think we're both reminiscing about the first few times we met.