CHAPTER ONE - WATCHA SAY

I HOPE THIS STORY WILL GET AS FAR AS COLLISION (IF NOT BETTER), WHICH HAS 50K READS, SO THANKS FOR THAT. AND IF YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED IT OUT YET, YOU SHOULD. ANYWAYS, HERE'S THE FIRST CHAPTER OF IT AND THIS IS JUST WHERE THINGS GET STARTED AND INTRODUCED TO Y'ALL, SO IT WON'T BE THAT GOOD. THIS WILL JUST GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO GIVE Y'ALL SOME BACKGROUND OF THE WHOLE STORY AND WHAT IT'S BASED ON, BUT I PROMISE THAT THE OTHER CHAPTERS WILL BE BETTER, OR AT LEAST I HOPE IT WOULD!

"omfg i love this book already.. but i'm crying" -a_gilinsky

"OMG THANK YOU FOR MAKING SUCH A BEAUTIFUL STORY" -booitsmevicii

ONE

I held onto my own arms tightly with my hands, squeezing my skin beneath my fingers. I looked out nervously at the thousands of people who have also made it into the next round of the competition just like myself.

Most of them looked confident; confident enough to not question every little thing about their abilities, unlike me. Most of them were scattered amongst themselves, and I could already see groups of friends forming—kind of reminding me of those high school days people talk about all the time. That's exactly what it looked like though. Everyone had their own group, their own group of new friends that they have met, and I was that loner that looked over the cafeteria, seeing no place where I could fit in, which meant that I had to go eat my lunch in the restroom or library. Sure, there were some who were shy like me, but it seemed as if the shy ones flocked together, creating their own group and leaving me out.

Although I knew I should feel something, like some kind of sadness since no one wanted to befriend me or at least be nice enough to include me, I just didn't. It's just that I was so used to it by now. A year after everything had happened, everyone blamed me and didn't care about me anymore. I had lost everything and spent every day being sad at first, but now it's just numbness. And that's the part that's sad.

The day of my audition a few weeks ago was the happiest I had felt in the longest time. I had been replaying the moment in my head every single day since then. I mean, I hadn't done anything remotely interesting over the past year or so, so I really didn't have anything to relive, anything that was worthy enough for me to play over my mind, again and again,  anything that had kept a smile on my face for that long.

❅ ❅ ❅

I had come here alone, so no one was there to calm me down, no one there to tell me that everything was gonna go fine, no one was there to support me. I heard the millions of screams and paced nervously back and forth backstage.

I'm meant to go out any minute now, and as each of the judges spoke their opinions of that one act, it indicated fewer steps between me and the outside world I had shut myself out of. I was not only nervous but scared to death about what was about to come.