CHAPTER SIXTEEN - FALL TO PIECES

Thank you for the amazing feedback last chapter. I love you guys so much, so here's this chapter for y'all!!!

 I love you guys so much, so here's this chapter for y'all!!!

SIXTEEN

It had been a few days since his "confession," if you can even call it that. I mean, he didn't even directly say anything about it. Maybe he was talking about Avery the whole entire time just like I suspected.

Either way, I had chosen to forget about the love we had and that has worked wonders for me. We had spent the following days getting ready for our performance, which was tonight.

I wasn't exactly thrilled about this performance, because of course, like every single time I was trying to forget all about Jack, they just had to choose a love song.

Adam had suggested we sing this song because he said that whenever we performed a heartfelt love song, it gave us a chance to connect with our audience. He said that the emotions we put out on the stage really moves people and allows them to see a side of us that's quite important, Important enough in their minds to keep them voting for us.

I couldn't exactly argue with him on that because I knew he was right. As much as I didn't want to perform countless love songs, I knew that performing those songs are the thing that's helping us pull through the competition.

I was currently pacing back and forth backstage. I was insanely nervous about what's to come when we perform because I didn't know how my emotions would be handled. I didn't know if singing on stage with Jack, with such a song that I could connect to so much more then than now, would spark up the love I had for him that I had managed to calm down.

I didn't want that to happen. I was finally happy with myself. I was finally content on how the events in my life had turned out. I had finally accepted the unwanted truth. I didn't want anything to ruin it.

We had only practiced together for a day. Thinking about it, it was a pretty rash decision. Considering the song and myself, I should've practiced more with him. Though as much I would have liked to, I didn't get a choice. During the time, with me trying to perfect my vocals and Jack working on our introduction video this week, we had no time.

I glanced nervously around for Jack, wondering where he had gone off to. We had to go on stage in approximately one minute, and he was nowhere to be found.

"Are you insane?" Someone hissed.

I looked around, confused if that statement was meant for me or not. I turned my head in every direction, but couldn't spot who had spoken.

"I can't do that!" The voice snapped. Now, that the voice wasn't as hushed as before, I was beginning to piece the voice with their face.

"I can't hurt the one thing that's made me remotely happy," he said.

I turned the corner and immediately took one step back. Just as I expected, there stood Jack, looking quite pissed as he was speaking to god knows who on the phone.