Chapter 26 - The Scientist

I love this song so much, and I love this cover of it.

//26//

I was currently sitting on my bed thinking about Jack.

As much as I missed Jack and everything he made me feel, I wished I didn't want to kiss him. I know that in my heart I don't even regret it one bit, but I wished I did. Because, here I am, holding onto the hope that broke me again. Here I am, hoping for something that had such a bad impact on me.

For the past few days, I've been ignoring him, which isn't a healthy habit now that I think about it. Of course, we still had to go to the studio and practice for the live show with each other, but I wouldn't talk to him. Every time he would try to spark up a conversation with me, I'd just make up a pathetic excuse and walk away. It's such a coward move, but honestly, what else could I do? I'm even frustrated with myself for not figuring out my own feelings yet.

Yes, he makes me happy, but he also has the ability to make me cry. I feel so at ease and comfortable around him, but once I let myself feel at home with him, it could be ripped out of my grasp at any moment.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door.

I slowly got up and carefully made my way to the door, confused to you would come to me. Ivy would usually come to hang out with me, being my only friend here, but she had to rehearse extra hard for the show tonight, seeing that she was in the bottom two last week.

I really hoped she doesn't go home anytime soon. Like I said, she's my only friend here. I thought Johnson was my friend too, but he hasn't talked to me since the last time we spoke, which really hurt. I saw it coming though. I knew where he stood in our relationship, and I'm pretty sure he knows where I stand now. I feel bad for hurting him, because I knew how he feels. I've been wanting to apologize, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

I opened the door, and I had the urge to slam it shut right away, because the person that stood in front of me right now, holding bags from Taco Bell was in fact, Jack Gilinsky.

"I'm busy," I lied, quickly going to the close the door.

However, Jack probably saw that coming since he planted his foot at the right spot, so that I couldn't close the door on him. "You can't ignore me forever, Ellie," he sighed.

"I can try," I muttered under my breath. I straightened my posture and smiled at him. "What do you want?"

He held up the bags with a boyish smile. "Would you like some tacos?"

"Actually, no."

He pushed the door open and stepped right into the room, like it was just a normal thing. He plopped himself onto the bed and laid there comfortably.

"Sure, just step right in and make yourself at home in my room," I sarcastically said, closing the door and joining him on the bed. "Haven't changed a bit."

"I don't care what you say," he stated, "You are eating this taco whether you like to or not."

"I don't have to listen to you," I said stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest.

His face softened and he stared at me. I already knew what he was going to do. He was going to guilt me into eating the damn taco by pouting and acting like a little kid with those perfect brown eyes of his. The perfect weakness we both had that made it easy for the other person to convince us into doing whatever they told us to do.