CHAPTER THREE - INSECURE

My last chapter didn't get as much as reads as the first two parts of this book, and I was just wondering if this story was boring you. Feedback would be much appreciated! I really didn't have a song for this chapter, but I guess that the song 'Insecure' by Nikki Flores can kind of fit with this chapter. If you know any better song, please suggest them in the comments!

"Why must you make me cry? It's only the third chapter and this is so good ❤️" - Sammyiams

"Loving it so far" - 1-800-gilinskybling

THREE

"Hey! You're Elena, right?" A girl with short blonde hair that reached just right above her shoulders plopped down next to me. Her blue icy eyes seemed to pierce through my brown eyes, as she stared with me with a friendliness glow in them. She smiled brightly at me, allowing for her dimples to show. I gave her a shy smile and nodded. "Is it alright if I call you Ellie?"

No one has ever called me that since him...

❅ ❅ ❅

My eyes widened immediately once I saw the huge crowd at Starbucks. There were literally thousandsokay, not thousands, but it seemed like it; it was obviously way more than Starbucks was meant to hold. All I could see was the back of the heads of girls, who were all standing on their toes for some odd reason, holding out their phones. Their camera app seemed to be open, and they were trampling over each other, trying to take a picture of something?

The one day I really crave Starbucks and really need it to stay awake, this happens. Plus, the fact that I had to head off to do a bunch of errands my mom forced upon me when she woke me up at this ungodly hour. "Are you kidding me?" I muttered frustrated. I groaned and turned away, not wanting to deal with that big massive crowd. It would be a miracle if I had managed to get past them, but not having any coffee today has left me lazy and tired to really accomplish anything, let alone an unimportant task like that.

I headed towards my car when two girls ran up to me. "Did you see Jack?" she asked, frantically, stepping a little too close for my comfort while staring too deeply into me. I opened my mouth to respond and ask her who this 'Jack' guy was and if he was the guy all these girls were panicking about, but she cut me off before I could say anything. "Where is he?!"

I stepped away, weirded out by her strange behavior. "I-"

"Please tell me where he is," she pleaded and I was shocked to see that her eyes were getting glossy. "I really need to meet him."

"I would love to tell you where he is," I started and her eyes immediately lighted up, so I quickly went to explain myself further, "but I-"