Chapter 20 - Wish You Were Here

Avril Lavigne's songs are so relatable to this story. I love her.

Plus dress she's wearing in the flashback is on the side!

TWENTY

Jack is kissing me. He is kissing me just like he used to before. We are kissing each other just like we loved each other again. I can feel his frustration mixed with his strong feelings in this kiss. He was actually cupping my face in his rough hands and kissing me like his life depended on it. He was caressing my cheekbones as if I were the most delicate thing on the planet. He made me feel like a princess.

The screams from the crowds made me pull away, and I slightly cringed due to the volume in the stadium. I shyly moved away from Jack, still trying to grasp onto the concept of the whole thing.

"Wow," Jennifer breathed. "Just wow."

Blake laughed. "I agree with J-Lo. That was so amazing, I'm having a hard time putting it into words." He laughed again, throwing his hand in the air absentmindedly. "Let's just say that you guys have it all planned out now."

"Simon?" Nick asked.

"Favorite performance of the whole season." My eyes widened at his words, and I covered my gasp with my hand.

"Looks like you're quite surprised," Nick said, directing the microphone to me. I just nodded as he laughed. "Now, let's get to your mentor, Adam Levine."

"It's an honor to have been picked by you guys to be your mentor. I can't think of anyone better to work with than you two."

"Let's give it up for Jack and Elena!" Nick screamed, resulting for the audience to follow with their own screams.

I ran off the stage and Jack ran after me.

He grasped onto my hand just as I was about to run to the contestant's house. He pulled me into him. "Didn't you feel the spark we had back then when we kissed?" He asked desperately. "You can't deny what we have."

I pushed him away. "Why can't I?" I whispered. "Why the heck can I not ignore it?"

He held tightly onto my hand. "Because what we have is real."

I scoffed, pulling my hand out of his. "Are you serious right now? You're going to throw that bullshit at me?" I laughed dryly. "Johnson is right." Jack furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't need someone like you in my life. Sure, we've had great times together. I probably still even love you, and I don't get why I still would with your bipolar moods. You hated me and went around saying that I was the one in the wrong. I don't see how waiting for a month for her boyfriend to return from his much-needed vacation from god knows where is so wrong. I did everything for you. You broke me, and I certainly don't need to ever feel that again, so you can take that bullshit you call the truth and shove it up your arse. You don't get the chance to inflate me with false hope, feed me lies and say that we're meant to be when you're just plotting for some way to hurt me again. Get the fuck out of my life." By this point, I was right in front of his face, shoving my finger against his chest with every couple of words. "You got the chance to be happy, which you threw away for some odd reason. Just because you messed up, doesn't mean you have to pull me down with you. Let me have the chance to be happy, without you."