Chapter 24 - I Was Made For Loving You

sorry if there are any mistakes okay i didn't have time to edit this

We got back from our performance, which was different from all the rest. It wasn't as emotionally triggering as our other songs we had sung, but the judges and audience seemed to like our spin of the song.

I got backstage, and Jack seemed to have taken off already which I was pretty glad for actually. I needed some time to myself to get things in order, to figure myself out.. again.

I was letting him take over my life again. I thought I was happy, but the more time I spent with him, the more I realized I couldn't be happy if he was in my life but wasn't exactly part of it in the way I had hoped. It was no use.

"What are you a baby?" A voice snickered.

What?

I turned around to see who it was, and was shocked to see that it was... Avery. "Still biting your nails?"

I stopped biting my nails, hurt by their insanely rude comment. "Avery?" I asked her, just to make sure it was really her, because it didn't sound like her.

"What? You really thought we were going to be friends after you stole my boyfriend?" She laughed, seeming entertained with the situation. "No one likes you. You have nobody, remember that."

I was taken back by her response to say the least. I really thought she was nice. I thought she was giving me advice that one time, and no she's acting like a completely jealous ex-girlfriend, which I didn't peg her to be.

"Why are you being so rude?"

"Oh, El," she said in a way that made me think she knew more things that I do, like she already had everything planned out.  "When this is all over, Jack will be mine again."

With that, she smirked, an evil smirk, at me before walking away leaving me absolutely confused. I was taken back by her sudden change in personality. I haven't known her long, but she really didn't seem like the type of person to be that rude. Guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

Johnson was walking towards me before I even had a chance to run away. "Why have you been ignoring everyone?"

"I just needed some time alone," I sighed.

"Yea, we can really see that by the way you're hanging out with Gilinsky."

"I wasn't hanging out with him," I countered. "He just found me at the beach."

"Don't fall for him," he warned.

"I think it's too late for that," I mumbled.

"Don't," he said sternly. "He's going to hurt you again. I know him, and I know that he will. I don't want you to be hurt by him again, okay? I can't let him take you away from me."

"What are you talking about? No matter what he does to me, I will still be your friend."

"Really?" he questioned, shooting me a look. "Because the last time, you shut yourself from the world. No one heard from you for a year, until now. Who knows what will happen this time?"

"Don't worry about it," I told him, tiredly, having no energy for this conversation.

"How can I not worry about it? You suffered from anxiety and passed out multiple times. You don't let anyone in to help you. You starved yourself. What if you just go on and kill yourself?" He put his hands on my shoulder. "You don't care about getting hurt, but you know how I feel? I'd be devastated, and if you die, I will literally go out of my freaking mind."