CHAPTER FOURTEEN - TEENAGE DREAM

^^^ Love, love, love this cover. Her voice is so soft and oh my god, heaven.

I want to take Jack and Elena's relationship slow for it to more realistic. I always hated when in the stories I read, they would just get together so fast because it seemed impossible like never gonna happen in real life. I don't want that. It'd be a couple more chapters until something huge actually happens between them, so please respect that. They need to figure out their emotions guys, c'mon now. A broken relationship isn't that easy to repair.

"I think I piss my pants" -justindbieber06

"This book has me feeling so many emotions. You are such an amazing writer!!!! I'm crying happily. I'm crying sadly. I'm laughing. Ugh wow. I don't think I've ever been this emotional reading a book!!!"-ayziaaa

 I don't think I've ever been this emotional reading a book!!!"-ayziaaa

FOURTEEN

The last few weeks had been hectic. Jack had been pushing me to do the best in my abilities and making sure I was pitch perfect for our performance. He wanted to make sure that we would make our first live show the best we could.

Though the song didn't really swing in my favor, and neither did it in his, to be honest. I should have really, really checked the song before I agreed to do it. I was too caught up over the fear of having to sing the song that once held such a deep yet happy meaning to me, and now just reminded me of the times I can't get back, that I didn't even realize that this new song could be even worse.

This song connected to me in so many levels, so it only made sense that once the live shows came up, I was ready to bolt out of the stage. I had managed to not cry during rehearsals, but I wasn't quite sure on how I would do in front of an audience.

When I did get to see the thousands of seats in the venue from backstage, it made my thoughts come clear. I was, in fact, right when I said that I wouldn't be able to do it in front of a crowd because when it was our time to perform, I couldn't form the first words.

There were too many stares on me. I felt that they were staring into my head, reading every thought, seeing all my insecurities, and tearing me apart. I was so afraid of them finding out my secret because I didn't need another reason for everyone in the entire world to judge me for. I was absolutely terrified.

What did surprise me was that Jack was the one in the wrong. During our whole performance, even though I did breakdown, that wasn't what caused negative comments. In reality, my emotional performance, voice cracks between lines, and silents tears/sobs, actually riled up some pretty positive comments from the judges. They even said that the passion I put into the song, lifted the weight of Jack's negative performance.

I was shocked by their words. I didn't realize that he was doing bad, but as they listed what he could have done to make our performance the best, I began to see. As they explained to him that no matter how good he sings, the way he puts the lyrics out there is just as important. I understood what they meant because I had begun to perceive that he wasn't into the performance at all. He had begun walking aimlessly on stage, staring off into space. He would steal a couple looks at me, probably worried that I was going to mess up on my vocals. At least that's what I thought by his distressed expression. He basically looked like a robot, singing the song.