Chapter 34 - All Of Me

Don't forget to vote and comment!! This story only has about six more chapters left. I'm almost done writing this whole story, and I'm so proud. 

//34//

"Wake up, Ellie," Jack's voice said, slowly waking me up from my slumber. "Did you forget that we have an interview today?"

I groaned, the memory of Adam telling us about it quickly resurfaced in my mind. I tiredly sat up, resting my back against the wall. "When did our roles switch. I was usually the one to always wake you up, never the other way around."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "I don't know," he simply said, wrapping his hands around my small ankle. "You need to get ready." He gently pulled me out of the bed, and pushed me lightly into the bathroom.

I groggily got out of bed, and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and my hair. I threw on a simple white tee with fringes at the hem of it to add a little spark to it, and a red flannel to match with it. For the pants, I decided to go with black high-waisted shorts. I put on a bit of mascara and eyeliner, before walking out the door.

I was about to walk past Jack to get my shoes, but I stopped in my tracks. I slowly turned on my heels to see that we were basically matching. He was wearing his muscle tank with the peace sign on it, and had thrown his favorite red flannel over it. He was also wearing black jeans and his vans to match.

"Again?" I asked, eyeing him.

He threw his hands up. "Hey, I wore this first."

I shook my head with a small smile on my face, before putting on my vans. "Let's just go."

"Wait," he said, before I could move anywhere near the door. "We need to take a picture."

I rolled my eyes, but agreed anyways, still a small smile on my face. He took his phone out, and pulled out the camera app. We stood in front of the mirror, and he placed the palm of his hand on my lower back. I smiled, clinging onto him. He made that serious face that always came off hot, and took the picture. I waited for him to post it on whatever he wanted to post it on. A few seconds later, he showed me his phone. He had posted it on snapchat with the caption, "matching outfit calls for a mirror selfie."

"Alright, let's go now," I said. "I'm pretty sure we're late."

~~

"Hey everyone," the interviewer, Chris, said towards the camera. "We are sitting down with-" He cut himself off, and pointed the microphone towards me.

"Elena Winston."

"And Jack Gilinsky."

"You guys are two of the biggest stars right now," Chris said.

I chuckled nervously, still feeling a bit under the water since I haven't been interviewed for a while now. Jack seemed to notice, because he reached of for my hand right away, and rubbed circles into them. "I wouldn't say that," I smiled, "but thanks. We appreciate it."

"Well, I just did and it's the truth. You know, being on American Voice and all. Plus, having a background fanbase who loved your relationship and are so thrilled that it has been rekindled. What has it been like?"

Jack licked his lips, before answering. "It hasn't been easy, I'll tell you that," he chuckled awkwardly, feeling quite as uncomfortable with this interview as I am. "But, you know, it's our life. We're happy we touch people with the music we perform, and we're grateful to all the fans who have stuck by our side and vote for us. To the fans who don't support our relationship though, that's alright. We understand, but all we're asking is for no harsh comments to either of us. In the end, we're the ones who have to live the life with the decisions we make, and we're happy as of right now, so we'd appreciate if people just let us be."